Adjusting Throttle Position Switch ('72 CSi)

DavidPorter

Reaction score
I just replaced the switch because of a worsening problem with bucking and "drop-outs" at light throttle cruising speed. There was a lot of tracking wear across the contacts.

The problem seems to be gone. The car starts and idles fine and has good power at full throttle. I installed the switch visually based on what the old one looked like.

I want to do the final adjustment per factory ("checking with test lamp", p. 13-63/2), but I want to make sure I understand the directions. When it says "connect terminal 18 to 30(+)", does that just mean connect the center terminal on the switch to 12 volts?

Has anyone made a stand-in for the factory D-jet tester? Just an idle question.

Thanks.

DavidPorter

Reaction score
I just replaced the switch because of a worsening problem with bucking and "drop-outs" at light throttle cruising speed. There was a lot of tracking wear across the contacts.

The problem seems to be gone. The car starts and idles fine and has good power at full throttle. I installed the switch visually based on what the old one looked like.

I want to do the final adjustment per factory ("checking with test lamp", p. 13-63/2), but I want to make sure I understand the directions. When it says "connect terminal 18 to 30(+)", does that just mean connect the center terminal on the switch to 12 volts?

Has anyone made a stand-in for the factory D-jet tester? Just an idle question.

Thanks.