Ads cross referencing ebay

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't mind when someone shopping on ebay finds relevant parts and posts a cross reference, but I get somewhat annoyed when the seller posts his stuff on ebay and then posts a cross reference here. To me, the difference is the first cross reference is simply helping out fellow coupe owners; the second cross reference is simply trying to drive up the price of an ebay auction.

I thought our classified section was supposed to include an asking price. Maybe this is simply a gentlemen's agreement between those of us who own coupes, but then why do we allow interlopers to pop in here an violate our rules. When a seller presents an invitation to bid in his auction, he is not posting an asking price. I suggest any interlopers who advertises here without an asking price should pay a fee. Obviously, Mario Langston and others who contribute would get some leeway, but these would be exceptions to the general rule.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll play Devil's advocate. Personally, I like seeing the cross references to relevant EBay ads. I don't regularly scan eBay ads like some folks do (shocking right?). I picked up something from eBay posted here this week. If the classified section was riddled with updates it could get out of hand, but we rarely have more than one page of current postings.

As a seller, sometimes it is nice to use EBay. If you have several interested members that you consider "BMW Friends" and you want to give everyone a fair chance, EBay is helpful.

I am also using EBay for a few key parts that are in high demand, to intentionally make more money as your post suggests. For my part out, that allows me to sell everything else at a good price, lower than what eBay would bring in. That works for me because it is my goal to break even. Other people may have different motives.