Advice on ductless ac

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
The forum brain stock seems to be pretty smart and mostly warm climate based so I'm assuming all experts on ductless air conditioning. I have a 25-year-old Mitsubishi ductless in my house right now . it's been repaired twice and currently not working and I think it would bring me great hero status at home to put in a new system. Anything to watch out for? I'll probably go with Mitsubishi or Fujitsu. Tia

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Consumer Reports has probably tested and rated them. I read CR before any major purchase, but I also take their choices and research them online.

Seems like Toronto is finally having summers like those of us to your south. And no AC in the subways! But you are not alone, take comfort(right). Last summer there was a day in Nice, France, the French Riviera where it was hotter than Death Valley.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Consumer Reports has probably tested and rated them. I read CR before any major purchase, but I also take their choices and research them online.

Seems like Toronto is finally having summers like those of us to your south. And no AC in the subways! But you are not alone, take comfort(right). Last summer there was a day in Nice, France, the French Riviera where it was hotter than Death Valley.
Yeah it gets very hot and humid in Toronto. We have basically done without real AC for about 5 years. I think with how cooped up we have been, AC will bring Peace to my household....or at least a few additional spots to further isolate. Not a single Mitsubishi dealer has called me back today after contacting 6 local companies on their web page.
My Subaru is going in to get a rebuilt compressor tomorrow, so the priorities are in order.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And that doggie in the trunk will also appreciate it. Our last three dogs, Shepherd mixes, would trot back to the house and stand by the front door and wait to get the cool.

Mmshul

Site Donor
Reaction score
The forum brain stock seems to be pretty smart and mostly warm climate based so I'm assuming all experts on ductless air conditioning. I have a 25-year-old Mitsubishi ductless in my house right now . it's been repaired twice and currently not working and I think it would bring me great hero status at home to put in a new system. Anything to watch out for? I'll probably go with Mitsubishi or Fujitsu. Tia
Living in Palm Desert CA, and then in Phoenix, our garage has a Fujitsu Split-Air. Even mid afternoons at 115 working on cars is a delight. Enjoy!

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The split unit I have in my hobby garage is a Chinese unit I bought about 13 years ago - has a Toshiba compressor, and has performed flawlessly for both cooling and heating (puts out up to 120 degree air when the outside ambient is in the teens (both Fahrenheit). It keeps the 24 X 34 X 10 foot building comfortable and dry in the summer. It has the inverter technology that modulates the compressor speed rather than turning it on and off - lower electricity usage.

Good luck

Last edited:

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have senville split units with heat and cool, very pleased and great value. Second units, first only lasted for 4 years, all seem to share common parts

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the product suggestions. Getting an installer to give me a quote is proving difficult. Should have started this process a couple of weeks ago.