AERO KIT. I am sure this has been a subject before

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all

I am looking for an aero kit for my car which looks like this.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HAqwgD9kzcKKXA5r8

and hopefully it will look like this when finished

hezemans-quester-bmw-e9-csl-lemans.jpg

the air intakes on the front airdam may be round on mine but the fenders are the same.

where could I supply these? I have seen some web sites saying their product is far better than the others. I would like rubber tips at the rear spoilers but what is the verdict? has anyone compared these? any big differences? material wise? weight wise? quality wise?

Thanks all

Harun

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Harun,
Try Zaprace in the UK for the front spoiler to fit the wide front wings. They’ve been in the race car style body parts since decades. http://www.zaprace.com/

For the rear big wing with rubber ends the choices are extremely limited. You should contact our member @daddywad who has made these in the past, excellent quality and fit. Alternately, the large wings are also available without the rubber ends as often used in motor sport cars. He, @daddywad should also be able to get you the roof hoop and the smaller spoiler which fits under the big wing.

Wind splits are also readily available on German eBay from an E9 Parts enthusiast/ vendor.
Keep the pictures coming.....
Cheers
Keshav

mr bump

Reaction score
As keshav says, Chris at zaprace is a really nice bloke, and his aero kits are well made. I've known Chris for a while and he's always supplied top quality bits on time at a very good price.

frogisland

Reaction score
I can also recommend Chris Randal, i have one of his kits on my car, he even fitted it! Fit is very good, thickness of the GRP is slightly thinner (remember these are race cars) than others, but once bonded and riveted on they are VERY strong. If you need a rear 3-piece spoiler (without rubber) Chris does these (use textured paint as 'faux' rubber), or if you do indeed want rubber tips, i can also recommend Daddywad - i have the rubber tips from him (i used my own moulds for the rear spoiler, but Daddywad does the whole package). I would also recommend having the GRP sill covers from Chris R.

Attachments

• IMG_20150822_095738.jpg
    IMG_20150822_095738.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20151121_112222.jpg
    IMG_20151121_112222.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_20160206_123429.jpg
    IMG_20160206_123429.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_20160206_123534.jpg
    IMG_20160206_123534.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 265

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have sent e-mails to zaprace but no one seems to answer
does anyone have Chris's mobile number? I'll try whatsapp..

thanks