air filter housing clamps..not

bimoverde

Site Donor
Reaction score
I recently bought a set of new air housing clamps from ebay germany
here is the message i got after asking a refund because the clamps are way too big..even if they look the same on the picture.
oldtimer-parts-hinz sent you a message about your request:

Hello Sir, I am sorry that you are not happy. This items is the original BMW #13711259758. It fits for all E3 and E9 in Europe. Please check the number and you will see that they are correct. I sell them for years to all my customers and restoration services. Best regards Kevin Hinzmann
From the picture below you can see the difference in size..This vendor is giving me the typical runaround..
I filed a return request with ebay...but he is not budging..
Does anyone have a source for the correct ones..if not i will have mine re plated..I had the air filter housing powder painted inRAL-7022 and it looks like new.

Attachments

• IMG_3542.jpg
    IMG_3542.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 138

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I recently bought a set of new air housing clamps from ebay germany
here is the message i got after asking a refund because the clamps are way too big..even if they look the same on the picture.
oldtimer-parts-hinz sent you a message about your request:

Hello Sir, I am sorry that you are not happy. This items is the original BMW #13711259758. It fits for all E3 and E9 in Europe. Please check the number and you will see that they are correct. I sell them for years to all my customers and restoration services. Best regards Kevin Hinzmann
From the picture below you can see the difference in size..This vendor is giving me the typical runaround..
I filed a return request with ebay...but he is not budging..
Does anyone have a source for the correct ones..if not i will have mine re plated..I had the air filter housing powder painted inRAL-7022 and it looks like new.

Those aren’t the original clips. I have a new set of those that I can sell for the price of the ones you just bought. Mine fit though.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There are 3 different bmw clamps.
big-little-solid

Attachments

• 5C60061F-2EB9-464D-A326-DC9709B5FB27.jpeg
    5C60061F-2EB9-464D-A326-DC9709B5FB27.jpeg
    319.6 KB · Views: 155

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
plating is easy and cheap if you have enough to cover the minimum charge which is around $50, No affiliation to this place but they have worked for me, precision metal finishing grand junction, one batch didn't look good but they happily redid them

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I pay about 120.00 per batch here in Cali.
Do a google search for local plating companies in your neighborhood?

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks like the correct part is 13711259495. Put that or 13 71 1 259 495 into google and you’ll get numerous available sources between $5 & $7.

I’m too embarrassed to identify all the incorrect parts I’ve purchased, starting with a CSi fuel filter for my CS through recent purchase of 14-gear “e28 rear” window motors. Sometimes I return but if it’s my fault I eat it & will sell or
share if anyone has a need. Hopefully my collection will not continue to grow. I think that seller has been referenced positively on the forum, so it sounds like a miscommunication.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
I purchased items from that guy on Ebay maybe 5-6 ago and he never shipped. A ton of emails, lame excuses and finally either Ebay or Paypal sided with me and he refunded my money.