Air filter needed

chope97

Reaction score
I need to replace my junk pink airlfilters, I had some K&N washable filters but for some reason I can only find one in my trunk what other air filter will fit from a different car that K&N still may make the e-2850 for 2002 and e3 seems to be no longer available

Attachments

• e3 air filter.jpg
    e3 air filter.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 50

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I need to replace my junk pink airlfilters, I had some K&N washable filters but for some reason I can only find one in my trunk what other air filter will fit from a different car that K&N still may make the e-2850 for 2002 and e3 seems to be no longer available

you can use Mann, knex , bosch,
kn is overrated

chope97

Reaction score
If you can blow up the picture you will see that the pink plastic is flowing over the filter element very inconsistently. I think I got these off of ebay

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It has been a long time since I bought a filter for the carb'd 2.8L motor that was in my E9.
(I have an EFI system now, so it uses the same filter as my E23).
I have had good luck with Hengst, Mahle and WIX.
I have used MANN in the past (for other cars) and found them ok.
YMMV as always....

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you can blow up the picture you will see that the pink plastic is flowing over the filter element very inconsistently. I think I got these off of ebay
The air filters I last purchased from BMW were the pink ones and had the same 'overflow' of rubber. I trimmed all of it off with an Xacto knife.