Alignment of door window and rear quarter light

pmansson

Reaction score
I would have though that most of the alignment is done to the door window, as the rear side window is fixed in its upper U-felt and frame.
2 of my cars have poor alignment. One with a very tight fit at the bottom and the other with a narrow opening all along the vertical joint.
What is the procedure please???

Honolulu

Reaction score
"I would have though that most of the alignment is done to the door window, as the rear side window is fixed in its upper U-felt and frame."

that sounds entirely reasonable to me, but it required that your body is straight, and the door properly positioned.

pmansson

Reaction score
Thanks,
the door and body are straight. I have tried to move the window frames (long one at the front and the short, black one inside the door) but still don´t get the door window close enough to touch the vertical rubber liner on the rear quarter light/window.
I know this operation is tricky. On another car, my right side is too tight, esp at the bottom. I always leave the windows open a bit when not using the car.
Anybody else got any input on this issue.....???

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Have you messed around with the angle of the rear window carrier? There are a couple of adjustment bolts that affect the angle of the assembly. I recall there is an 'L' shaped bracket at the bottom with a slotted hole that allows for some adjustment. I also remember that the geometry of these adjustments was confusing (at least to me).

good luck.

pmansson

Reaction score
Hi Sven,
(very Swedish name...) you are quite right about the L-shaped brackets at the bottom. At the top, though, the angle is fixed by means of the U-shaped, felt covered retainer.
I will have another go at the bottom adjustment facility. Moving it outward and trying to move the door window inward. (It just seems that I have tried this before......)
Hand built cars are great !!!!