Amelia Island Concours- postponed.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Received a notice a little while ago that Amelia Island Concours is postponed till May 20-23 2021.
I was signed up for the Cars and Coffee on Saturday. So were a few others in my group in Atlanta. BMW Classics of Georgia.

The unfortunate thing is that is also the weekend for The Vintage in Asheville.
Canceling Amelia and keeping Vintage.
Gary

2021 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Event Update

Media Contact:
Chris Brewer
Director of Communications
904-636-0027
[email protected]

IN RESPONSE TO LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS THE AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE MOVES TO MAY 20-23, 2021

Jacksonville, FL – In light of current developments both locally and around the globe, the 26th Annual Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance will move to May 20-23, 2021.

At the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic The Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Foundation made a promise to put the safety of our spectators, volunteers, entrants, judges, vendors, sponsors, staff and board of directors first. Every day since, our team has consulted experts, followed local and national developments and weighed our options. We worked tirelessly to create a plan that would allow us to move forward. We also set benchmarks that would require us to pause.

Moving the date allows more time for the vaccine to be distributed. Additionally, hosting the concours in May will likely increase attendance and the corporate partnerships that allow our 501(c)(3) charitable foundation to continue its mission of providing resources for those in need on Florida’s First Coast and beyond.

We know the date change will present challenges for some. But we believe the health and well-being of those involved outweighs the inconvenience. Tickets and event packages purchased directly from The Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Foundation will automatically be carried forward to the corresponding events during the week of May 20-23, 2021. Current vendor and sponsor agreements will also be honored for the new dates.

Thanks for your faithful support of The Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Foundation.

Founder and Chairman, Bill Warner, and the Team of The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance

About The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance

THE AMELIA will be held May 20-23, 2021 at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island and The Golf Club of Amelia Island. For the Amelia’s full events schedule, including Saturday’s Cars & Coffee at the Concours and Sunday’s premier Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance, visit www.ameliaconcours.org. The show’s Foundation has donated over $3.75 million to Community Hospice & Palliative Care, Spina Bifida of Jacksonville and other charities on Florida’s First Coast since its inception in 1996.

The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance | 3016 Mercury Rd S, Jacksonville, Florida 32207 | 904-636-0027 | Email | Website

Connect with us​

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
The COVID hangover continues. I think they should postpone Amelia until late Oct or early Nov, when more of us have had the jab. The field is WAAAAYYY too crowded to have a safe event unless folks are vaccinated. I was planning to skip the March event anyway because of this, and just do a local show.

Scott

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It’s also quite hot there in late May, with frequent thunderstorms. Oct would be ideal.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I signed up for the Saturday Cars and Coffee back in July. I go every year and surely thought we would be past this virus by then. Yes, May is probably not ideal but could be other scheduling conflicts at Amelia at the Ritz Carlton Golf resort.
That's also Vintage weekend and would attend that before Amelia.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Exactly, I can deal with it, but others may find it less than hospitable! Like planning Octoberfest here in July before they wised up, that would have been a disaster. March/April is ideal for Amelia.

What? You complaining about heat. You live in the hottest city I have ever been in. 95 and 95. You know what I mean. LOL