An Apparition

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
It wasn't an angel. It wasn't a spirit visiting this world.

I can explain.

That beautiful sleek white goddess spotted on the roads in Northern Virginia today was Annabelle.

Yes, she left the garage today.

And under her own power. First road test of the Getrag 5 speed, flywheel, clutch, drive shaft, rear suspension, tii brake booster, new radiator, new dizzy, new plug wires, new coil...

Positive vibes from Wayne and Doug, and a prayer to the Car Gods and...

'twas a wonderful thing.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That's great, congrats. Mine is about to go on stands for a couple months for extensive maintenance/projects including 5 speed.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The car of choice

After recently acquiring a Porsche 996 turbo as expected I have been driving her around a bit. The wife likes it and seems pretty comfortable as a passenger as I give it little speed tests etc. So I needed to swap the toy for the truck to get some work done this afternoon and decided to take the e9 home since I just put in a new direction indicator switch and needed to test it. Driving home at somewhere between 70 and 80 MPH it dawned on me what an absolutely beautiful ride the e9 possesses! It's not as fast as the Porsche, not as quiet either but she tracks down the road in a very sure-footed manner, corners wonderfully and is just plain comfortable to drive, the Porsche is fun but the e9 is pure joy!

Disclaimer: Bilsteins, CN springs, CN camber plates up front, 5-speed, I. E. adjustable toe/camber in rear and Recaro seats, 16 in wheels w/225 tires and cup holder right arm-rest..... and working indicator lights :)

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris,

SUPER news. I'm sure Annabelle enjoyed the outing nearly as much as you do.
Your garage is very nice, but she was 'born' to drive, not park!!

Congrats on the successful first outing after so much work.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks gang. My brake booster ain't boosting, and my battery was fat and hot, but twas fantastic to be rowing my own gears!