Another BAT 1974 Best Guess on Hammer Price?

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is it just me or do you feel that sunroof is mandatory in these cars? Unlike any other car I have owned where sunroof is not that big of a deal, with my coupe, when the sunroof is open, I feel like I am in a convertible. I wonder what the premium is for a sunroof?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is it just me or do you feel that sunroof is mandatory in these cars? Unlike any other car I have owned where sunroof is not that big of a deal, with my coupe, when the sunroof is open, I feel like I am in a convertible. I wonder what the premium is for a sunroof?

Sunroofs aren’t desired by many. It reduces headroom and is the leading cause of rusty rocker panels.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Haggerty added 15% to my coupe's value because it's a sunroof car.
Hands down: but for the sunroof, i would not enjoy this car nearly as much. I have had many other cars with sunroofs that i rarely use, but i find myself using it frequently in this car

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
That color and it's a USA 1974 will keep bidding down.

I say up to $34k reserve not met

Last edited:

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Sunroofs aren’t desired by many. It reduces headroom and is the leading cause of rusty rocker panels.

Au contraire Markos...open sunroof gives more headroom ;)

Attachments

• clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 104

tmason

Reaction score
I'm with Marko on this. I wish mine had no sr+was a 73csi white w/red interior but I shouldn't be picky on what I have because some here are looking to get any cs of any year.
I guess 28.9

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Haggerty added 15% to my coupe's value because it's a sunroof car.

I'm not saying they aren't more valuable. I'm just responding to Scott's thought process on the mandatory Sunroof thing. I have nothing against sunroofs and wouldn't mind if my car had one. All of my other cars have them. It seems to me that there are numerous people on here

If anyone wants to add a sunroof to their e9 let me know. I have a functioning sunroof-roof-skin in my garage. :D

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm with Scott - gotta have a sunroof. :D
Not as enamored by the '74 details - but love the paint and interior colors. All things considered, by guess is $28k. It seems to be an honest, fairly represented coupe. But I am 0 for 1, so what do I know...

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score

Agreed, sunroof coupes are the best. I’ve owned six and only had one that was non-sunroof; didn’t like it as much. Also agreed though it can lead to more rust.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nice original car. I’d be worried about what’s under the rocker covers and the state of the tops of the rear shock towers.
That shade of green and big bumpers may keep the price down. Other than the stereo/speakers the car appears to be virtually untouched.
That’s worth something. Would not be surprised if it goes for $35K.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I must say that I really like this car. The color, the condition, everything.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I must say that I really like this car. The color, the condition, everything.
Agree. To me, this one is more desirable than the last one because of the originality. And I really like the color. But I suspect that will not come through in the auction price.