Another BaT Coupe

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, maybe a pic will surface on this forum. Also glad to see you are making progress on your coupe....always nice to spend time on winter projects :)
Hate to say it, but I can't find a picture of Bob's car. Sorry.

Reactions: m73

coupelady

Reaction score
This auction is thrilling news to us long time owners in that our beloved coupes are now commanding attention. Yes it might be time to reevaluate insurance coverage, personally, so I called Hagerty to converse with them about additional coverage. They list a concours 3.0CS at $81,000. Thought you might want to know.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just read this whole thread, it's very interesting and informative. I thought I had a picture of Bob Platz CS from The Vintage in Asheville from 2016 or 2017, unfortunately I don't.

I had a watch on the auction yet missed the real bidding action. Would love to see the car in person some day.

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
This auction is thrilling news to us long time owners in that our beloved coupes are now commanding attention. Yes it might be time to reevaluate insurance coverage, personally, so I called Hagerty to converse with them about additional coverage. They list a concours 3.0CS at $81,000. Thought you might want to know.

It will be interesting to see how soon Hagerty adjusts their #s based on the two recent BaT auctions.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does Hagerty use BAT for valuation? How about eBay?

Hagerty uses any known recorded public sale. Often times they get the info from consumers like us. Example, I will use this auction as a comp and send them the link.

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hagerty uses any known recorded public sale. Often times they get the info from consumers like us. Example, I will use this auction as a comp and send them the link.

I had a series of conversations with Hagerty about the valuation of my car when I first insured it. And when I thought they needed to update their understanding of value, I sent them a link to the thread in this forum (discussing my car before I bought it) where several forum members expressed their views on current valuations based on a range of conditions.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That car belongs to Bob Platz. He lives near Philadelphia and owns a Mercedes restoration shop in Camden NJ. His son's name is Harrison. They do very high end Mercedes Restorations.
i saw Bob's coupe at the first Kiawah Island concours. Bob's car is more of a true baikal and it has mini lite type wheels on it. it is a '73 but has the wrong over rider rubber trim on it (not '73).

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well, here's hoping that this auction increases the value of all of our cars and impels BMW to improve parts availability!