Another new guy!

Ryan the Gnome

Reaction score
Very nice car....

Thank you sir.

I took a few more pictures today. The weather cooperated and I spent a lot of time driving it today. Its fantastic!

IMG_3691p.jpg

IMG_3692p.jpg

IMG_3695p.jpg

IMG_3699p.jpg

IMG_3701p.jpg

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
The weather cooperated and I spent a lot of time driving it today.
also washing, waxing and when alone simply stroking it by the looks of it...can you believe your good fortune?

Seems to just keep getting better and better...

urtheman.gif

Ran

Ryan the Gnome

Reaction score
also washing, waxing and when alone simply stroking it by the looks of it...can you believe your good fortune?

Seems to just keep getting better and better...

urtheman.gif

Ran

Hahaha honestly no, I can't. I see it in the garage every morning and I kind of double take. I couldn't be happier. I'm officially a coupe guy. :-D

TimP

Reaction score
I spotted you

Saw you driving north on South Tacoma Way turning on to 38th. The car looked great in person. I would have honked and waved but my free hand was holding a sandwich...

Ryan the Gnome

Reaction score
Saw you driving north on South Tacoma Way turning on to 38th. The car looked great in person. I would have honked and waved but my free hand was holding a sandwich...

Thanks Tim. Do you live down here? I work on 56th. Next time you don't have a sandwich, say hello!

Ryan

JohnHein

Reaction score
Currently living in Houston North suburbs
Another New Guy - From Texas!

Recently purchased '71 2800 CS through Evan Esterman. I am sure some of you saw it posted on Ebay. It is an unrestored Sahara from the Bay Area. I will be shipping soon to the Houston suburbs where these Texans haven't seen many. It is just not fair that you left coasters get to have all the sexy cars. It is a bit of risk, but we'll see when it rolls off the truck. Looking forward to a long punch-list of things to do and will appreciate your forum and advice. I'll post some pics soon.

Any thoughts on shippers to avoid?

- John Hein

TodB

Reaction score
shipping

My experience suggests to not expect Evan to help you at all with respect to shipping. I would arrange for your own shipper and not use the one recommended by Evan. Make sure that the truck it gets loaded on will be the one actually delivering it, i.e. pick a shipper that will not move your coupe from truck to truck. That's when the damage happens. Top row, second back is the position of choice. No need to get dripped on (brake fluid does narly things to paint) and no need to be the bug shield for everyone else. Enclosed trailer is even better if you can afford it. Of course, you should have the car insured under your insurance before it ships and insist that the carrier provide written proof of insurance as well.

And please, please tell me you checked out the coupe in person and did not rely on Topline or worse, Evan, for the PPI. My experience with both of them during my purchase (not for a coupe thankfully) was "less than optimal."

JohnHein

Reaction score
Currently living in Houston North suburbs
Another New Guy - From Texas!

While I was not quite the "buy it NOW!" guy, that was almost the case. I had three conversations with Evan and relied upon his representations. Your caution is appreciated and I will wear any down side. I have seen the records on the car now and it reads like a forty year old car that was a cash flow guarantee for Phaedrus in the SF area for many years. Only two owners over the last 30 years. I am truly hoping it lives up to Evan's "99.9% Rust Free" claims. If not, shame on me.

I am hoping for some fun and building a relationship with some servicers and fans in the area.

Thanks for the advice on trailer placement.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Covered BMW transport:
(they don't do it any other way)

http://www.statewayauto.com/

Ask for Mike and he will baby sit the move...

Your Free Vehicle Shipping Quote
Reference # 106761
Vehicle Being Shipped: 1973 BMW CSI
Origin City and State: Santa Barbera , CA
Destination City and State: Houston , TX
Total Price $645.00

The above is an all inclusive price for shipping your vehicle.
StatewayAuto.com

Ready to Place Your Order?
Click here to schedule shipment now!

For any questions regarding your order, please contact
Mike
Toll Free at (877) 848.7474
ext.
or by e-mail at
[email protected]

TodB

Reaction score
rust

I am truly hoping it lives up to Evan's "99.9% Rust Free" claims.

Haven't met anyone from CA yet that knows what rust really is :). My CA coupe was advertised as "rust free" also. $10K later and its still not.

Hope it works out for you.

Sorry to keep pirating Ryan's thread here!

Ryan the Gnome

Reaction score
I am truly hoping it lives up to Evan's "99.9% Rust Free" claims.

Haven't met anyone from CA yet that knows what rust really is :). My CA coupe was advertised as "rust free" also. $10K later and its still not.

Hope it works out for you.

Sorry to keep pirating Ryan's thread here!

Haha pirate away guys! I'm done showing off :-D

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Ryan,
Looks great!
My mother in-law told me that she saw "my car" the other day. Not that a polaris coupe is that rare, but I thought she was confused and saw a 2002 - or just a silver car. I will doubt her auto-recognition skills no longer because I just saw your photos an now I'm assuming that she must have seen you. She lives on Proctor near the Metropolitan Market but bikes everywhere. So, if an older lady rides up to you and talks your ear off telling you that her son-in-law has the same car, I apologize in advance (just nod and smile... and back away)

Ryan the Gnome

Reaction score
Beautiful car, come on out to V@V in May and join us.

Thank you sir. I wish I could make it out there. One of these days!

Hi Ryan,
Looks great!
My mother in-law told me that she saw "my car" the other day. Not that a polaris coupe is that rare, but I thought she was confused and saw a 2002 - or just a silver car. I will doubt her auto-recognition skills no longer because I just saw your photos an now I'm assuming that she must have seen you. She lives on Proctor near the Metropolitan Market but bikes everywhere. So, if an older lady rides up to you and talks your ear off telling you that her son-in-law has the same car, I apologize in advance (just nod and smile... and back away)

Haha too funny! It must have been me. I just live downtown but I spend a lot of time in that area. Any lady who can pick out a Coupe is a-ok with me! Next time you're in town let me know! Thank you.

Ryan

fast3.0csi

Reaction score
great car!! Question??

Do you know the part number for the intake rubber boot that going in the long tube it has about 90 degree angle? Thanks