Another Stray Followed Me Home

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Wes congrats on the purchase and thanks for sharing! Those are special cars. I'd love to see some photos of the special details the car has. Any lightening of the trunk hinges or boot or bonnet structures or anything? My E12 M535i is a plebeian in comparison and not just because it's a series 2 E12.

Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 9.46.34 PM.png

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@Wes congrats on the purchase and thanks for sharing! Those are special cars. I'd love to see some photos of the special details the car has. Any lightening of the trunk hinges or boot or bonnet structures or anything? My E12 M535i is a plebeian in comparison and not just because it's a series 2 E12.

View attachment 167151

I'll get some more pics mate. In the interim I'll throw up some links to MLE articles as that answers some of your questions.

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll get some more pics mate. In the interim I'll throw up some links to MLE articles as that answers some of your questions.
I have really studied those cars over the years, but have found that not every example is the same so just curious about yours. Thanks!

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have really studied those cars over the years, but have found that not every example is the same so just curious about yours. Thanks!

That's right. Each car is hand built. To save weight all of the parcel shelf has had a hole saw taken to it. Same to rear bulkhead and even the pedal box. Thinks there are some pics in the articles. Motor is specific to the model along with some of the suspension from memory.

Somebody asked to describe it the the other day and I said 'four door carb CSL :)'

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here it is. Well done to those that picked it. The article and pictures are of my actual car. Production run was just over 100 with only six examples known to remain. What makes this even one even cooler is it was BMWs official press car.
Couple of other fun facts is it's the first ever 'M' Car and the only 'M' to run factory carbs.
it's also lovely to drive...

Wes - Great find....WOW...she is cleeeeeeeaaaaaaaan!

Reactions: Wes