Any hard to find parts I should get out of that euro 733?

GGR

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to get a Getrag 265 out of what seems to be a euro 733. The car is debadged so I'm not sure of what it is. The car doesn't have the huge US bumpers and side markers. It has an electronic speedo, the intake manifold looks like the one of the 3.0 CSI and it may be an L-Jetronic system as there is a thingie with the top looking like a waffle in between the TB and the air filter housing that may be an airflow meter (I don't have that stuff on my 3.0 CSI). I didn't see any smog/depollution stuff attached to the engine. Don't know if it's a 728, 730 or 733 though.

Let me know if there is any interesting part I should get out of that car as I only need the trans. The idea is to help me with the cost of the trans by re-selling these parts.

Thanks!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The plenum, c-tubes and stub manifolds are insanely priced at pick-n-pull type places.
What you see is an intake manifold- what they see is a NINE piece whoosit that they try to charge 120 bucks for that will take you an hour of greasy wrenching to remove.
Easier to buy from Double 02 salvage already cleaned for 100 bucks.
The head and block are worthless.
Diff is worth 150 bucks IF lsd- cost is 100 bucks and an hour of laying in the mud.

afm and ecu- worth the same amount the boneyard charges.

e23 is essentially worthless now except for Euro model buffalo interior, bumpers. and 745i turbo parts.

NADA now show retail collector value at 3000 bucks or so in excellent condition.

Unless you own a older e23 euro- you are probably wasting your time.

GGR

Reaction score
Thanks.

I remember reading that some 3.3 liter crankshafts are used to stroke the 3.5 to 3.8 or so. Would it be the case of this one or is it only the crankshafts out of the 3.3 Li?

Tierfreund

Reaction score
Only the crankshaft from the carbed 3.3L is a rarity and helpfull to go to 3.8 Liters with stock parts.
the 3.3Li and the 733 have a different crank that´s (relatively) a dime a dozen.