Any information on this eBay coupe ???

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge on this eBay coupe http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280527380678&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT besides that it needs the lower front seat cushions (rubberized horsehair ?) and the reserve price is pretty optimistic, it didn’t make reserve at 25.1K last time on the block ? The mechanic told me the only rot was the rockers in the rear and he didn’t think the front fenders were replaced. I find that hard to believe, all 3 coupes I restored rotted at the firewall first and water got into the door posts, front of the rockers and floors. I tend to think :confused: the front fenders have been replaced but the photos don’t show enough detail that I can inspect the spot welds at the top of the fender skirts. Judging the poor fit of the deck lid to the rear body panel I suspect patches were welded into the lid or some collision repair but again I can’t say for sure :confused: without seeing it. Thanks in advance :-D ~ John Buchtenkirch

MRH

Reaction score
I called the dealer when it first came on E-bay about a month ago and he said the reserve was 38K they had it on their web site at 39k if I remember right.
Now the car is on the site for 34K:shock:.
Remember though, Kenny Logins owned it.LOL

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For a 10 year old interior the seats were not done very well, they shouldn't be lumpy and puffy. The painter choose to also paint the wiper mount and arm and all of the trunk rod plastic spacers white as well and left the polaris paint sticker. This indicates they didn't take as much care as they imply. The `73 bumpers have been tucked which is fine, it has `74 shoulder belt retractors, an improvement probably. Still riding on 14" wheels, no close-ups of the fenders or underside. Why not call the mechanic who services it? I would want to crawl all over this one.

Alanmcg from this board is in Seattle, he has probably seen this one and may have an opinion.

m_thompson

Reaction score
The passenger side has the US strut spacer on top (long studs) and the driver's side does not (short studs).

alanmcg

Reaction score
happy to help

hi guys - ive seen this car, but have not driven it - unfortunately i am not qualified to give any expert opinion of its condition, but im 15min from the car and would be happy to assist anyone with ppi, etc. i also happen to know the guy who owned the car prior to the current owner, so could get in touch with him if that would help too.
let me know,
alanmcg

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
The car didn’t make the reserve again. First time at 25.1K, this time around at 14K. Eventually the seller will get the idea that the car just isn’t worth what he thinks it is :cry: particularly in this economy. ~ John Buchtenkirch