Anybody ever use BAT ? price, reserve thoughts.....

TREMK

Reaction score
IMG_0648.JPG
IMG_0648.JPG
IMG_0650.JPG
IMG_0680.JPG
IMG_0666.JPG
IMG_0672.JPG
IMG_0574.JPG

I know I will regret at some point but life pulls me in a different direction. Close to selling my E9. 4335199 csa 1974 converted to 5spd. 94,500 miles original motor rebuilt. Bare metal glass out respray of original 036 riviera blue about seven years ago. Paint is very nice. Leather interior redone, weber carbs, original suspension handles well. Bumpers changed. Trans & diff seals replaced. Solid floors, rockers.
Just want to get some feedback on price, BAT etc.... or if someone here is very interested they can contact me. My friend Steve O'neil has seen the car many times and driven the car I'm sure he will chime in.
Thanks, Mike

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
View attachment 40803 View attachment 40803 View attachment 40804View attachment 40805 View attachment 40806 View attachment 40807 View attachment 40808
I know I will regret at some point but life pulls me in a different direction. Close to selling my E9. 4335199 csa 1974 converted to 5spd. 94,500 miles original motor rebuilt. Bare metal glass out respray of original 036 riviera blue about seven years ago. Paint is very nice. Leather interior redone, weber carbs, original suspension handles well. Bumpers changed. Trans & diff seals replaced. Solid floors, rockers.
Just want to get some feedback on price, BAT etc.... or if someone here is very interested they can contact me. My friend Steve O'neil has seen the car many times and driven the car I'm sure he will chime in.
Thanks, Mike
Here I chime Mike. Yes, as I already told you, you will, at some point, regret selling. They all do. As for the car, if I was looking for a coupe I would stretch as far as I had to and more to snatch it up. A small bias, Riviera and Atlantic are my favorite blues. And rides like new!

Steve

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
With the right folks to vouch for the car, and the right selling info, BAT can be an excellent place to sell. The price paid for an Alfa GTV in boxes/pieces needing everything redone was about the same as a rust free driver quality well documented best-year, GTV that sold locally last month. In other words you might benefit from auction-Irish without incurring all the costs.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
How much do you need from it? Excellent car. Too bad the side markers were left when it got the repaint, but oh well.

You should be able to get $50-60k at least. BAT would be a great place since your car has few issues from what I can see. However, any car not perfect, be prepared for comments on picking it apart, but it should do well on there. I hear BAT negotiates w/you on the reserve and of course, they want it as low as possible.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks wonderful ... and in riviera blue - YES. its even better in person than pictures. paging stevehose ...

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you really want to maximize BAT, take 200 photos, especially up on a lift, underneath the dash, behind the glovebox, etc. Pull off the rocker covers and photograph that. Lastly, you can take a video with your iphone of the cavity beneath the front wheel well by reaching up in there, with phone in hand, and blindly videoing in there. You have to mess around with it, but you can see up under there.

I have sold an Alfa on BAT and bought an ALfa on BAT. Good experience all the way around.

Scott

dbower

Reaction score
I listed a '06 Z4M roadie on BAT a few months back, with a reserve which it did not meet. BAT did encourage a lower reserve when I listed it but I stood firm and they were OK with that. Overall a positive experience. Crazy market for Z4M's right now -- coupes bringing double what roadsters do.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Your car looks great! Really nice color combo!

I had a very positive experience selling my square taillight 02 on BAT. As a seller, you only pay 99 bucks to sell and there are very serious buyers looking for good cars on that site. My car had all the right stuff, no rust at all, great colors (Fjord!), sunroof, 5 speed, and a ton of great mods like a very correct euro bumper conversion, recaros, restored (by me) 3 piece BBS RS wheels, petri wheel, etc... As Scott said, the more pictures the better. I posted around 150 photos with a lot of them showing the bottom of the car on a lift. It really gives the potential buyers more confidence in what they are bidding on site unseen. Also, be an engaged seller. Answer all questions that potential buyers have quickly. I was worried about posters picking the car apart but I really didn't get any of that. I had to go back and forth with BAT about the reserve but in the end, it didn't matter. The car went way way over the reserve. I was very happy with the results.

I think your car will do very well if you go with BAT.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Absolutely stunning, simply amazing car Mike! One thing that we've noticed as of late is that blue E9's do very well on BAT. Steve is right about the rarity of Riviera. I would argue that it is the top three most rare colors left, next to Nevada and Florida.

Gorgeous and a rare, beautiful color. Good luck either selling or keeping!

TREMK

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments guys. I've seen bavaria's and 2002's painted Riviera but never saw another E9, guess they ran out of paint on coupe painting day.
Mike

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I sold a 3 owner 1990 MB 560 SEC that I'd owned for nearly 20 years last May (~110K miles). It took about 10 days after the original submission for it to be listed (needed more pix, a bit more info about the car, etc.) on their auction site. I did have a reserve, and they tried to get me to lower it when I submitted it. I refused then and again later when they asked with 1 day remaining when the bid was about 90% of my reserve. By the time the final bid was received (auction continues for 2 minutes after any bid is placed, even if it is at or past the original ending time) the selling price exceeded my reserve by 50%. I was very pleased with the whole process.

I agree, your car is a beauty, and if it had been for sale when I was looking 2 3/4 years ago, I'd have been an active bidder!

Gary

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I sold a 3 owner 1990 MB 560 SEC that I'd owned for nearly 20 years last May (~110K miles). It took about 10 days after the original submission for it to be listed (needed more pix, a bit more info about the car, etc.) on their auction site. I did have a reserve, and they tried to get me to lower it when I submitted it. I refused then and again later when they asked with 1 day remaining when the bid was about 90% of my reserve. By the time the final bid was received (auction continues for 2 minutes after any bid is placed, even if it is at or past the original ending time) the selling price exceeded my reserve by 50%. I was very pleased with the whole process.

I agree, your car is a beauty, and if it had been for sale when I was looking 2 3/4 years ago, I'd have been an active bidder!

Sorry accidental double post!

Gary

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Absolutely stunning, simply amazing car Mike! One thing that we've noticed as of late is that blue E9's do very well on BAT. Steve is right about the rarity of Riviera. I would argue that it is the top three most rare colors left, next to Nevada and Florida.
Markos
What about Ceylon as top three rarest!o_O

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Mike, very nice car. Riviera blue is so distinguished --'high fashion' for a coupe, and so uncommon.

I went to look at this car when Peter Kell had it for sale in 2009/10. The engine looked ratty, the dash woodwork needed redoing, and many other lesser, but very visible, needs. Overall it presented and drove well. He was asking $30k. That was a strong price for me at the time, given it was a converted automatic, former big-bumpered coupe with needs. I don't feel the latter two factors, given how well executed the complete car is, would negatively impact its value or desirability today. It would only against an identical condition Riviera coupe, but go try to find another one... I feel it would do well on BAT.

It's interesting it's not a sunroof car. Does the AC work?

Feel free to PM me if you are interested in a complete photo set of the car at that time. It had 90,XXX miles in December of 2010. Did you purchase it from him?

JwWzgmjCXiQQB3GPkrD9jczZ4Jzh-qC2fO-JmF29O2y5Kg5iorz_LXFtwI6ihjSzEB-e9hetORlrqrE88X2O4AmI6Jze2lg0QytgWtTXPwlQrSJ6RVLIvaXxnaEWU8WlL59bCUbwiRBBfpyD4op0efZXxgcXI1XdojAHW-usdFRa7uV-5C2LoyHHTS97NcIVaMv7QIi24T5CqZ3qQqLm0HN6dwFbFM-6wv_D3mSINZ2xI0qTF1dqWF5ChSFdoC9yZJdYQujA85Eh2aLc_ZN_lKwlnwxb3VVD9-HTvzRNTFYwtLb_Y9RdcZox5LqRVHl2bHxCNvSMAcuKgXRrE592sy8AK9-LiPbzPEpdLLDKMlortx934U_j6unjiT6tyf5af9PrBnRHZ3Kibw_yGV6-WI5LNxGLEsPflYE9H0pNr_vYKBkLvwyOAq6kYkqNIl3vCVIAQbh4xt8IByTEK5WlSUdA0xF0RAI35Rea7ZioHUQLZNK12XKbmLM9FRhG700tMjz6r2pqTLfwAJ2HyZ1lUq6Yny8AUmd08vmJm-q8u25gfqa1rsIpFkYvpuWXd8_DoaZW1FVvUVqai0SQRjXLa5RWW-8iotETR65PUso=w1266-h949-no

PvyXv7IsV1hqb59348xd1gG_OznNAHI9V4ol5-Dia0w1Ioqtmyhtb00C9954cqwP4bgfU_2dpvAMGT0eZC5IoCA9s_D9STbANSfwYelu-DzOKgFtty-m8eB-mYuN8jdoePDJQdwSlAqIjW7C-7Hdu86wCXlj6xk2q5DvUkiLatLYFlGXM5o1s3GX-61R9D9hcWlwJnKPriGtF2sNUwm78qYnbdB1bQSGyT4LoCe7b3RAIw-cy_x0nM2TDjDrc2AB42vprYbNwWt34gmJP-dIMptJ2KaXLWcR3XxbwE_xTGD4rkADjKEOUgUxKVIXmOuFfHKPvjfyg2yaSPmH8RAYk6FRDmwZlCG4uyyqRsuz7aW94bE4paHE4En1GKM2HovSLaRqSMhHL-VTDkmHR6i8MfaucoNtVQNwHs3PkxVRsPH200lHcyUTIATvt4nmcFjJdbgKJKcr-9MFffpK7DEGCR9NC8tf9ExbLcE8Ry4RS2HpdYB-pgfGhUnGyMsK21kGDve-AeMwQT1rZNXhYf5KVT6Kk3wuDJSVIau9elTT3kurNGfwbiMpYfbgT52QrWFvc56bb_es_MSBOFcHY6262X7MAjog39QvJ5IfSpY=w1266-h949-no

Xj72pnCR9kPBpbvX7hUguVURS9lwfnwcCQM2cBKlBcGgPprj2OAnHf6yH4m5VySQ4XhuBtN3oo6xm9ADRQBum06EeWCe9MVQOkNk-lnrY9YFTfWW3YWge6JgtQRv0ZESYco4-WGlYG0hBkp11StvWEPNzRcCKaV8Hoyi7ILog4l8K4g1nEWE4L5qOMR9895HFgORoswYuuaLatGrsevIwkTDWIcqg4mA4lVtCG2CO8eFWeuX1tqI9gdPCZkHX5lGA2hXSQTtec5A35vMplP48h-k80G2NvJ-8AtQyhoL27wpaBE1KgCzN03H68c5r_g3wvfWDNWYVttp1998tmUF-BKwN1MvITP-ws-MNYFM0mBh6VHc8SziB2Z8G8ZIbFn8cB57Szf96lL-4Veur36Z1jqDJU6mmcpMkYRT5ivLCTT0iwGjl8IthQFMr1pbmByCLX09qxgBEjG1fUM8o2TEcRNCXDCpQTnYHwQOy5-08xI3kMuY2VQinB_mO5X_Lpngf4s6qCMZHUxB4SVF_1t3OPtN3EWDlRE6J5O5Esj6FcdVd_ZP5ONeZOF4YAWyqrvaHIUVh4MnMcyysbXchDFug_HgLnkMRBSPORJlXxw=w1266-h949-no

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Riviera, mintgrun, Ceylon, Colorado, anthracite are all pretty rare colors

Ceylon is uncommon but not as much as several other colors. I forgot Pastelblau also, which pushes Riviera down another tick. :) A member in Seattle
has a Verona car that is originally Riviera. Why would someone do that (he bought it that way).