anyone affected by the fire in Boulder CO?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
its easy to cover cars that you drive and have classic car insurance ... what about cars that you don't drive or aren't running. insurance is legalized gambling ... people often bet against something happening to a car in a locked garage, warehouse, barn or something else ... by not insuring them. @bfeng, you have a great example of valuing coupe car parts. how would you insure Lotus race car parts. i think about insuring my wine collection within the value of the house contents.
Scott, You may not be able to afford the premium on your wine collection! I want to visit again and try some.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris, you are welcome again anytime ... better come back before our friend @sfdon comes ... we might make a slight dent in it, but won't deplete it. right now there are too many coupe parts in the way, including seats in the cellar

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was mountain biking here in Eagle County today, where everything is very dry and brown. The Eagle River is super low. The winds were howling, at times pushing me up the mountain, and it was 70 and sunny, not a cloud in the sky. If someone lit a match, everything would go. It’s pretty eerie. But snow coming Sunday hopefully.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Southwest has a nonstop to Atlanta....
i just need to get the car out of the paint shop so we can put the engine in the car. will talk soon, there is a chance that i will get the car for a period of time, perhaps a month to put the engine in ... and then he can finish the painting. then we can work on setting up the megasquirt. we will get you here sooner rather than later Don

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
FWIW - Hagerty has a parts and tools addition for your policy. I got a quote for my project car that was quite fair. I’ll be switching to them in the next 30 days or so.

I also snap pics of everything in the garage:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I didn’t realize hagerty would cover parts! I’ll call today.

This whole thing has made me realize that all my documentation is kept in my house and would be lost in a major fire. I guess hats why folk had safety deposit boxes in the old days, and cloud storage these days. Tempting to buy a 1GB and SSD and keep it at my office.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I didn’t realize hagerty would cover parts! I’ll call today.

This whole thing has made me realize that all miy documentation is kept in my house and would be lost in a major fire. I guess hats why folk had safety deposit boxes in the old days, and cloud storage these days. Tempting to buy a 1GB and SSD and keep it at my office.

Amazon s3 storage is about $20 per TB per month. The interface is nothing fancy but it is cheap, secure, and reliable.