BBS RA in silver color,

Attachments

• fb19542f (2).jpg
    fb19542f (2).jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 189

readie

Reaction score
1590581718652.png

What do people think of these... think I quite like. Will not be offended as they are a cheap set I picked up and just working out whether they need to be refurbished...

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
View attachment 93903
What do people think of these... think I quite like. Will not be offended as they are a cheap set I picked up and just working out whether they need to be refurbished...

Black basket weaves are used by many owners. Subjectively, you’ll get all sorts of opinions, but you can see coupe pics throughout the years w similar wheels that don’t look out of place, like some of the fad mags & restomod “eleanor” wheels. Almost a necessity to have a set if you have a black or white coupe.

My subjective opinion is I’d buy some for a second set to change things up, especially good w the 74 which has a tad fewer shiny parts. I really love the “Alpina” style turbine wheels, which will always be first chair for me. But nothing wrong with these.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
of the colored bbs mesh type wheels, my favorites were the polished lips with dk gray centers, rather than black. but i think the silver centers + polished lips are my overall favorites. but most of all, i think its the body color that generates the best combination. a black coupe needs the bling of silver / polished. the sienabraun look equally good with silver or gold. the only color i would do black with is either silver or white cars. just a quick thought, i can be easily proven wrong

i've given a lot of thought to silver / polished bbs rs on my coupe, and one day that will probably be the choice ... but the other 16" choice is the H+B wheels

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here is a one-piece 1983 BBS 16X7" wheel with a titanium gray center and polished rims. Note the fender lip pull-out when you don't have them rolled in with a lowered suspension. The offset of any wheel chosen is as important as the style & finish.

Attachments

• IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 141

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
There was another pic of some Weds in this thread, but thought I would add mine:
Jet Set I.jpg

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wheels are such a personal thing. For me, I keep going back to Hardy and Becks. Don and I have the same exceedingly high level of taste.