anyone have rear 3 point belts?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
1st step in getting my car setup is replacing the crusty seat belts. A 2002 forum regular named BlueDevil is going to send me some rebuilt Autopflugs. (he does excellent work) I have purchased rear 3 point belts for my 2002, and am considering it for the E9 as well. Have many other done this or are considering this? Was there ever an E9 that came with 3 point rear belts?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No stock back seat had 3 point belts. Since I am 6'5 and my wife 6', the back seat is off limits anyway :mrgreen:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i'm 6'3 ... i got back there to put new seat belts on my front seats (thanks Peter), and i realized i didn't come anywhere close to fitting there. its only 1 step better than a 911. small kids only. not worth the hassle from my point of view ... and in my 2800cs i've got lapbelts only in the front + not going to put something better in the back than i have for myself - especially since nobody ever will ride back there. my plans are to get new 3 point belts for the front, when i figure out how i can install them, and move the new inertia reel lap belts to the back.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My '73 CSi has them and I've seen another CSi that's the same, thought they were original. Has a welded nut under the rear shelf for the bolt.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
adawill2002, any chance you can post a photo to see how it integrates with the parcel shelf?
I have a 10 year old and 12 year old, so I think good restraint is in order. Especially when the Girl turns 15.

rb1971

Reaction score
I believe Andi has a pretty nice set-up in his Orange. If I recall correctly it was a system based on something out of a later 5 series or maybe the 6. I considered copying it when I was doing my interior earlier this year, but decided like most that the back seat was suitable only for my dog (and only with a towel down - good girl! stay!) so no one would ever ride back there. Heck, I'm 5'8" and skinny and I don't fit.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have kids, too and would like to put in 3 point belts back there.
Scott

adawill2002, any chance you can post a photo to see how it integrates with the parcel shelf?
I have a 10 year old and 12 year old, so I think good restraint is in order. Especially when the Girl turns 15.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the Link RB. I think I will rough in the set I had Blue Devils make for my 2002. I am far more likely to take the kids in the E9 than the 2002. I'll take a photo and post it soon.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Here are the pics of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_3107.jpg
    IMG_3107.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_3109.jpg
    IMG_3109.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_3110.jpg
    IMG_3110.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 257

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bob,

here are some pix i have saved - i think they are from Paul Cain's site. nice install

Attachments

• seat belts - rear parcel mount.jpg
    seat belts - rear parcel mount.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 215
  • seat belt rear - paul cain.jpg
    seat belt rear - paul cain.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 211
  • seat belts - rear parcel 3.jpg
    seat belts - rear parcel 3.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 236
  • seat belts - rear parcel 2.jpg
    seat belts - rear parcel 2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 217

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great link Scott. That install is something to think about.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Seat Belts

Scott:

Any chance you saved and could post the Paul Cain front seat belt installation with the inertia reel in the rear quarter? His 3.8CSi website seems to have gone dormant - won't load.

Thanks,

Doug

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Doug,

i only have one of the pix. the finished one. i also have this other one - this application uses an e30 (coupe) bar on the bottom and the inertia reel mounted under the side panel. having had this arrangement in the e30 m3, it works well ... and is one of the install ideas i am looking at.

scott

Attachments

• seat belt - paul cain.jpg
    seat belt - paul cain.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 224
  • seat belts - e30.jpg
    seat belts - e30.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 225
  • seat belts - e30 - mount.jpg
    seat belts - e30 - mount.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 205

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Front Seat Belts

Thanks Scott - these help a lot. The installation Paul did is what I'm planning on this winter using new inertia reel belts from CoupeKing that he sells for the 2002. I have a set of e21 belts that had the penetration piece to finish the slot through the panel - not sure what Paul used. I'll post the results in the new year.

Skiver

Site Donor
Reaction score
3pt rear seat belts

Hi Bob
How did the bluedevil belts fit in? I have the same bolt welded to rear shelf like andrew's so am looking for belts that fit for my 75csi.
Cheers
Ivor