Anyone keen on an immaculate BMW E34 M5?

duane_sword

Reaction score
Anyone keen on an immaculate BMW E34 M5?

I am selling my 1993 BMW E34 M5, last of the hand-built Ms.

I have a full specification sheet and lots of photos.

The car is garaged and located in Boston MA.

$15,000 Firm.

My email address is [email protected]

[Broken External Image]:http://www.m-series.com/images/119670BMW E34 M5.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://www.m-series.com/images/119670PICT0004.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://www.m-series.com/images/119670PICT0006b.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://www.m-series.com/images/119670PICT0010.jpg

Tierfreund

Reaction score
That car needs to be shipped over here. Or I need a job in Boston (I love that place anyway)

That really is a very looking E34, I´m drooling... :wink:

RonP

Reaction score
Duane, was your car Calypso red? Someone got a SMOKIN" deal on your car!!!! I had a 1993 M5 which was the best of all e34s (as you probably know) With only 261 made in your model year it is an extremely rare car. There were several dealers that never saw a 1993 M5. We had a Laguna Green '93 and it lasted one day at our dealership.

I had an Avus/Light Silver Grey '93 and rumor was that it was one of only three sent to the US. It only had 38k on it. I couldn't fall in love with the car and sold if after 7 months.

Here are some pics:

[Broken External Image]:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/ronperry/IMG_1422.jpg

a81a58a5fe7ef3c9450c7bfb6c0cce2d.jpg

Congrats on a quick sale! Mine sold for $26,500 but it took me a few months to sell it. I guess my price was a little lofty...what else is new?

duane_sword

Reaction score
Wow your E34 M5 looks awesome... how couldn't you fall in love with that!?

My E34 M5 (or I should start getting used to saying 'the E34 M5 I once had') is a rare one, apparently very few of the Calypso red were made in 1993 with the special aero-style mirrors, leather, and my E34 also still has the original analog mobile phone still installed and the antenna! A museum piece :)

I did install the European style "smiley" headlights just as in the photos of your Avus M5.

So it is heading to Denver now, secure transportation thanks to great recommendations by members of the e9coupe fourm here.

Now I have sold the M5, we are also selling my fiances Saab 93 Viggen... we have a baby girl now so my fiance has our BMW X5 and I ended up with her Saab.... so our stable is the 1974 3.0CS and the 2003 X5... we are selling the M5 and the Saab in order to get a year-round (for Boston weather and crap roads) car for me, but a car she can drive and put baby gear in also... so....

Over the years I have been lucky to own:
* Mazda RX-7 series 2 (I loved that rotary engine!)
* BMW E9 3.0CS (a keeper for my lifetime)
* BMW E36 318is (my first BMW, nearly broke my bank account)
* BMW E46 323Ci (my first and last white colored car)
* BMW E46 M3 (I miss that one)
* Range Rover (wow did that suck a lot of gas!)
* BMW E39 M5 (a very sweet ride indeed, may go back to one)
* BMW E34 M5 (a romance that was interrupted by new family plans)
* BMW E53 X5 4.4 (the new family hauling wagon)

so I have been thinking about the next car to replace the E34 M5 and the Saab Viggen (given garage space isnt cheap in Boston).... and I am seriously considering (sorry I should say "we" are seriously considering) a 2006 or newer Jaguar XJR....

ok let the abuse (or suggestions) come! :lol:

edbbb00492d5bcb46dcc2959a01eef83.jpg

Dave B

Reaction score
New car

Duane,

Nice story, and good selection of cars you have owned.

I think the picture of the Jag looks great! Go for it..

Only problem is that a certain wee uber-troll with the ebay fixation may have a strop because you have taken the matter off-topic because you have dared to discuss something that is not BMW. I think we all know to whom I am referring!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Re: New car

Dave B said:
Duane,

Nice story, and good selection of cars you have owned.

I think the picture of the Jag looks great! Go for it..

Only problem is that a certain wee uber-troll with the ebay fixation may have a strop because you have taken the matter off-topic because you have dared to discuss something that is not BMW. I think we all know to whom I am referring!

... and throwing bait out there doesn't help the situation. :wink:

duane_sword

Reaction score
please let me remind you that I have a chronic E9 coupe affliction!

let me redeem myself with my photo of a Jag with me and my beloved coupe :D

7a5b9226ed38a237a3c46c3725094fd4.jpg

013182be466393f4091cc84854163937.jpg

ffaa07479bd19c968bedb144d8c35e11.jpg

bmwcarl

Reaction score
a jag! oh, please don't. there are so many other, better choices out there. what about a new subaru wrx sti? or a mazdaspeed 3? please, anything but a jag.

duane_sword

Reaction score
The only Japanese car I can consider is a Mazda RX-8 .... and yes I even suggested to my fiance that it is a 4-door (it has the suicide style doors) but she is a lot smarter than that.... Infiniti, Suburu, Mazda, Honda, Lexus are all out... I have been a BMW man through and through (well my RX-7 and Range Rover are exceptions, and I did have an Alfa Romeo for 2years as a company car when I was in the UK)).... and I cannot at all contemplate any of the Bangelized BMs so I rule out the latest generation of 5-series (and the 3-series is too small for hauling all of the gear associated with kids)

suggestions?

My requirements include:
* 4 doors (it's a baby seat access thing... otherwise E46 M3 is my choice)
* more than 300hp (and I am not fussed on straight-6, V6, V8, V10)
* does not need to be new, infact less than 30k miles is just fine
* less than US$45,000
* I even considered a Cadillac STS-V... until I drove it
* not Audi, I am not old or boring
* not VW, I still have pride
* no Bangle designed BMW

p.s if money was no object I would go for the BMW-powered Wiesmann.... and unfortunately money is an object :)

[Broken External Image]:http://digiads.com.au/car-news/images/2006/05/article_5717-img_0.jpg

Tierfreund

Reaction score
If this were not an E9 coupe forum but merely a forum for people with fine taste in cars, the contents would be nearly identical but the jag would be one of the few accepted entires beside the E9.

The Jag is wonderfull and actually a very very good and much underestimated car. I´d aplaud you for getting one.

And as long as you take all pictures of your new ride next to that beutifull E9 and mention some comparison of the two, your spot on topic for this forum. There are no trolls around here anyway :wink:

P.S. I share a parking garage with a Wiesmann. And even though it´s BEIGE!, it still manages to look fabolous. And sounds incredible.

D B Couper

Reaction score
Duane wrote:
My requirements include:
* 4 doors (it's a baby seat access thing... otherwise E46 M3 is my choice)
* more than 300hp (and I am not fussed on straight-6, V6, V8, V10)
* does not need to be new, infact less than 30k miles is just fine
* less than US$45,000
* I even considered a Cadillac STS-V... until I drove it
* not Audi, I am not old or boring
* not VW, I still have pride
* no Bangle designed BMW

Three suggestions that meet your criteria completely and aren't Jags:
1) An e46 M3 is available as a four door
2) An e39 540i sportwagon is pretty close to an M5 wagon and is a versatile and fun car that is also a workhorse. Mine now has over 155,000 miles and I still love it. I drive it and let my wife have the X5 which she prefers. Do you see a parallel here?
3) An e34 M5 in Calypso Red meets all the criteria! No wait there has to be a reason that won't work. :oops: :lol:

duane_sword

Reaction score
I saw an E39 540i Touring today, I have to admit that I have never been keen on 'wagons' but I think you are on to something here... my finance didn't like driving the E34 M5, she said it too nervous driving it because I was so pedantic about it... and I decided not to drive the E34 from the moment the first snow and salt hit the roads, the E34 M5 was in such great condition I just couldn't think of destroying it through the harsh Boston winters.

So I took a Jaguar XJR for a test drive this afternoon. It looks sporty and has styling that I really like... but the driving experience is, well, like the Ford Taurus I recently had as a rental car... infact the similarities inside are too similar, the steering has a sloppy feel, and it rattled...! with only 15k miles it was very dissappointing.. so the report is confirmed, no Jaguar in this family.

I loved my E39 M5, and the touring I saw on the road today looked exactly like this.... this will be a strong candidate!

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
alternative transport...

How about a family car that ain't....Volvo V70R wagon. 300hp, super brakes, AWD, sorta looks like a family car, but drives like a non-wagon. Prices are depressed since not many folks want a hot wagon right now. Decent mileage. I'm looking right now for one to replace my 95 850T wagon. Wife cant drive a "dog car" with a stick, so looking for auto. Couple of nice ones on the 'bay but 6-speed manual wont work with her...Around $15K for low mileage ones....Just a thought...Dave V. in NC

As Dudley Moore said, "they're boxy, but they're safe.." The R is also a hoot to drive...

psychrunner

Reaction score
audi

I've been looking at the audi A6's or even a 2006 or so A8. The A8 is quite a bargain considering the price of a new one. Probably end up with a 5 series (545 or 550) though.
psychrunner

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Duane--if seriously interested in a high performance family vehicle--say an M-5 Touring--there's a BMW fanatic here in Orange County that has brought a number of hand picked M-5 Tourings into the country. He is a very knowledgable BMW guy with 20+ years of actively locating fine Euro cars--has a relative in Germany who has been his bird dog on locating same for years--I have seen some of his imports--they are cherry picks.

Let me know if you are interested in making contact.

Call me @ 949-642-2150