Anyone know this air dam?

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
I really like the air dam on this coupe. It is slightly different than the alpina "chin" spoiler. Does anyone know where to purchase one? I've checked the usual sources (coupeking, W&N, zaprace) without any luck?

Attachments

• Spoiler.jpg
    Spoiler.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 814

jamesw

Reaction score
Ack! Someone's been driving that coupe in the rain :-/

Sorry, I don't know the manufacturer. But I like the "splitter" look - I have that type spoiler on my 993

Cheers
James

duane_sword

Reaction score
Either Schnitzer or Alpina

I believe the spoiler that you show is either AC Schnitzer or Alpina as it was specifically modified with the "gap" to allow a car jack to slide under the front for servicing in the pits for long haul races.

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
I believe the spoiler that you show is either AC Schnitzer or Alpina as it was specifically modified with the "gap" to allow a car jack to slide under the front for servicing in the pits for long haul races.

So, it's probably as rare as hen's teeth.

shanon

Reaction score
An Alpina or replica 'chin' spoiler.

I have a similar, period aluminum example, that was made in England back in the day.
A hen's tooth I was told. Cant remember the British tuner's name. IIRC, Zaprace know's who made it.

http://www.e9-driven.com/ImgView.as...shanon 2800cs at bmw concours 09 sml copy.jpg

http://www.racingsportscars.com/etcc/1972/Spa-1972-07-23-056a.jpg

Zaprace will have some chin spoiler options.

Warning! Watch out for those compression dips and curbs when parking....... :-/

merlin32

Reaction score
The Spoiler from the blue e9 and from my car, is from Ahrend Tuning 02 germany ( easy to Google) but the quality is very bad. I must take a lot of time to fit the airdam , but i think every coupe is differnt, and maybe a lot of copy´s from the old one will not the copy make better :)
best regards markus

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I believe its a Alpina Type 1 spoiler which makes it hard to find. I tryed finding a source yrs ago but ended up with a Alpina Type 2 which is more common and now replicated by Coupeking.

RogerB

Reaction score
They are listed for sale on the Ahrend Tuning website: http://www.ahrend-02-tuning.de/index.php/weitere-angebote. No price is listed. I used google translate to send them an inquiry; hopefully they respond because I have zero German speaking ability.

Translated with Bing, it says: "Alpina front spoiler first series for all BMW CS E9 Coupés."

It appears to be the same long gone spoiler as was on my CSL at one time when it was still across the pond?!!!?

Attachments

• CSL-7522 030-1.jpg
    CSL-7522 030-1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 301

m73

Reaction score

I always thought the notch in the middle was to let air hit the sump...

MF

shanon

Reaction score
re: the notch in the chin....

It also gives ya a bit more clearance for crowns and undulations in the road.

;-)

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you need a contact - I live less than 15 miles from Ahrend... Just give me a hint. :)

Cheers
A

Would much appreciate it if you could give them a call and ask them if they have any in stock, how much they cost, and if they ship to the U.S. I haven't heard back from my email inquiry.

Thanks!