anyone near Philidelphia ?

readie

Reaction score
We are going over to the states at the end of the month to see my brother in law who lives in Berwick a couple of hours out of Philadelphia.

Anyone on this site nearby ?

Any resto firms or suppliers I should go and see ? I do need a lot of parts...!!

LarryE9E10

Reaction score
Berwick vs Philadelphia

Hi from the other side of the pond,

Berwick really isn't very close to Philadelphia. (I assume you do mean Berwick and not Berwyn, which is a real Philly suburb) Berwick is a good 2-3 high speed hours away on the turnpike. You're closer to Scranton and Wilkes-Barre which have no redeeming car legacy at all, as far as I know. Nearest automotive-related point of interest is Pocono Raceway.

If you do make it down to the Philadelphia area, the beer's on me. Coupe just had a new crate engine installed and it needs fettling miles, so I'm looking to drive and you're welcome to ride shotgun. Get most of my parts from an old-world Polish mechanic named Ziggie (ex-Wehrmacht, I believe), who has decades of BMW experience, an incredible personal collection of cars and the most amazing stash of NLA '02 and coupe parts you've ever seen. You might want to see what he's got at bimmerparts.com or email [email protected].

PM me if you need more information or help.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Count me in. I live 10 minutes from Larry who posted above. I will follow in my coupe on your tour. Can't get in and out of coupe backseats.

Steve

TREMK

Reaction score
Probably the best car museum in the Phila. area is the Simeone museum. Some saturdays they start the old race cars and Dr. Simeone gives a talk on each car then blasts around a lot out back. As Larry say's 2-3 hours from Berwick.
Not much in parts in the area other than Larry's source. I usually order on line.
If I can help, let me know. Mike

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
We are going over to the states at the end of the month to see my brother in law who lives in Berwick a couple of hours out of Philadelphia.

Anyone on this site nearby ?

Any resto firms or suppliers I should go and see ? I do need a lot of parts...!!

what kind of parts are you looking for? i might have a few... ;-)

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting what other cars e9 owners have

Larry and I share 3 similar cars - e30 iX, e9, and e86 M Coupe. And he has a car I would like if I had room and time - a roundie tii.

I have found other e9 owners like the e24s too.

LarryE9E10

Reaction score
Larry and I share 3 similar cars - e30 iX, e9, and e86 M Coupe. And he has a car I would like if I had room and time - a roundie tii.

I have found other e9 owners like the e24s too.

M6 Shark is next on my bucket list!

readie

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Sadly it seems the wife has a full itinerary for us and it doesn't include cars so it seems I wont be able to catch up.

If anyone has a right hand rear quarter....??