Anyone recognize this front spoiler?

Tyler

Reaction score
Its different from the Alpina version, which has air vents at the corners. It has some similarities to the one on Shanon's 2800CS with the notch in the center, but is still not quite the same. Its subtle but effective, and I really like it.

IMG00001.jpg

IMG00003.jpg

Tyler

Reaction score
Its different from the Alpina version, which has air vents at the corners. It has some similarities to the one on Shanon's 2800CS with the notch in the center, but is still not quite the same. Its subtle but effective, and I really like it.

IMG00001.jpg

IMG00003.jpg

Tyler

Reaction score
Hi Yannick - thank you for the information on the spoiler. I am sure it is a very rare part. Do you know if anyone makes a reproduction?

I am planning to be at the Oldtimers GP this year, and if so, will drive the CSL over from London again. I look forward to seeing you there!

Tyler

Reaction score
Hi Yannick - thank you for the information on the spoiler. I am sure it is a very rare part. Do you know if anyone makes a reproduction?

I am planning to be at the Oldtimers GP this year, and if so, will drive the CSL over from London again. I look forward to seeing you there!

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just looking at the Motor article where they drove a csl to ten european cities in 4 days and the RHD yellow csl has a spoiler very similar to this in it. They mention it is a spoiler being tried out.

The car was on loan from BMW GB. They reckon they got a maximum 146mph - and that the speedo was slow at high speeds versus milestones.

I will have to try and scan it in and upload it.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just looking at the Motor article where they drove a csl to ten european cities in 4 days and the RHD yellow csl has a spoiler very similar to this in it. They mention it is a spoiler being tried out.

The car was on loan from BMW GB. They reckon they got a maximum 146mph - and that the speedo was slow at high speeds versus milestones.

I will have to try and scan it in and upload it.

shanon

Reaction score
Zaprace in England has a selection of chin spoilers

http://www.zaprace.com/csltext.htm

BTW: The deep chin spoiler I have is aluminum and was a period custom pc made by a person who built/developed/raced Alpina racers in England in the 70s. His name escapes me at the moment...Zaprace told me it is extremely rare, hence it does go on the car very often, roads where i live like to smack it up.... :roll:

HTH
-shanon

shanon

Reaction score
Zaprace in England has a selection of chin spoilers

http://www.zaprace.com/csltext.htm

BTW: The deep chin spoiler I have is aluminum and was a period custom pc made by a person who built/developed/raced Alpina racers in England in the 70s. His name escapes me at the moment...Zaprace told me it is extremely rare, hence it does go on the car very often, roads where i live like to smack it up.... :roll:

HTH
-shanon

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
The guy who owns/runs ZAP is called Chris Randall - a very nice bloke. He races a csl in the recenty started masters series here and also has owned genuine csl racecars.

I have bought cs GRP stuff of him and its a good product.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
The guy who owns/runs ZAP is called Chris Randall - a very nice bloke. He races a csl in the recenty started masters series here and also has owned genuine csl racecars.

I have bought cs GRP stuff of him and its a good product.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've got one with the "vents" and could be persuaded to make a mold

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've got one with the "vents" and could be persuaded to make a mold

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
In the past I think someone up in Colorado was trying to gather interest for a front spoiler. I would be interested if the price was right. Perhaps a group of us could collectly go in on a batch.

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
In the past I think someone up in Colorado was trying to gather interest for a front spoiler. I would be interested if the price was right. Perhaps a group of us could collectly go in on a batch.