Anyone tried Five O Motorsports injectors on 3.5L?

Garrett

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought a set based on the claim that they're Bosch Design III, supposedly the correct OEM replacement for the original injectors for a 1987 M30 3.5L which now resides in the engine bay of my E9. My motor does not pull like it should (especially for a high compression 3.5L), but it could be so many things causing it. Chris at La Jolla Independent said the Bosch Design III may not be optimal for the hybrid M30/Motronic/L Jet set up I'm running but was coy about what he would put in (except to say not BMW OEM, but it's a secret). Just wondering if anyone else ever tried these injectors and had any problems or good results.

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsBMW.asp

Garrett

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lots of info on this at mye28.com. This is a common choice for people doing turbos and needing higher fuel flow. I'm not sure what secret Chris thinks he's keeping. Like most Bosch products, injectors are widely cross-compatible. Just be sure you're using the right impedance for your DME. L-jet uses low impedance, Motronic uses high impedance. You can run high impedance injectors with a low impedance DME, but not vise-versa.

Do you have a rising rate fuel pressure regulator? That might be as much of an improvement as higher-flow injectors.

AndyM

Reaction score
I know the secret Chris is keeping but, unfortunately, I'm sworn to secrecy. Garrett - are you local to La Jolla?

keefer

Reaction score
Injectors are Fine

Garrett,

I looked at their website and my guess is that you shouldn't have too many problems with that injector. Also, the injector that I run is an OEM BMW injector for motronic 1.3. There were only two different injectors that came with the late motors to my knowledge and the one I use is one of them. It's not that big of a secret, but I like people to have to work for this stuff, god knows I did.

You're main problem is not the injectors, other than the fact that currently your car is a rolling fire hazzard due to the attempted installation. You're problem is air management. Check you're email later, I'm going to get you set-up for a trip down here (ie have you do as much of the work as possible)

Chris
bimmerdoc.com