Are these things pats of an E9?

lsquaredb

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I found these things in my basement and don't know what they are. They're the same color as the car. Could they have something to do with window tracks? Thanks.

Leonard
IMG_0777.jpg

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Perhaps they screw to the inner sides of the center console to mount a radio?

jmackro

Reaction score
Rear seat rests?

That's a good theory. Yes, they do look something like the seat brackets hold the upper/backs of the seats in place. But aren't those spot-welded to the body? Perhaps someone drilled out the spot welds, and that explains the three holes in each part. Also, wouldn't the seat brackets have a "Z" profile, rather than a "W" (e.g., 2 folds, not 3)? I'm tempted to pull out my back seats and have a look!

lsquaredb

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your responses. I put in a radio with the factory kit recently, and they're not for that. They're also not the pieces to hold the rear seat backs. They were in a box that had held window tracks and regulators, but it's very possible they're not part of the car.

Leonard

richrfd

Reaction score
when you are sitting in the front passenger seat reach up with your left hand. there should be a flat peace of metal covered with upholstry material it is a handle to grab on to to help you out of the car . I have the in my 1973 3.0cs the are about the same shape and size

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
when you are sitting in the front passenger seat reach up with your left hand. there should be a flat peace of metal covered with upholstry material it is a handle to grab on to to help you out of the car . I have the in my 1973 3.0cs the are about the same shape and size

Please post a photo, I have never seen such an item.

Layne

Site Donor
Reaction score
I can see tooling marks from a sheet metal break. A break is good for custom or short run parts. I can't think of any production car part I've ever seen made in that way.