Art Wegweiser Rest in Peace

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Art Wegweiser passed away yesterday with his son’s Paul & Erik holding his hands. Wish Paul, Erik and their families peace & solace.

Art was a keeper of the CS Registry in the early days. He drove, Ilse his ‘72 3.0 CSi, every chance he had. I always enjoyed seeing and talking to him at The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix over the years.

3F19628E-B5C0-4537-8A84-F27479CE7A82.jpeg

chapa

Reaction score
This is sad news. He loved his coupe. You could tell by the way he wrote about it. My condolences to the family.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow, I saw Art with Paul at the PVGP just last month. Sorry to hear of his passing.

dpdapper

Site Donor
Reaction score
While there were those who didn’t appreciate his political digressions on the old Coupe forum, I always found him immensely entertaining, not to mention extremely knowledgeable about all matters Coupe. (I can only imagine what he thought about the current Administration!) Sorry to hear he’s left us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
While there were those who didn’t appreciate his political digressions on the old Coupe forum, I always found him immensely entertaining, not to mention extremely knowledgeable about all matters Coupe. (I can only imagine what he thought about the current Administration!) Sorry to hear he’s left us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Could we have Erik's address or email? I for one would like to send him something personal.

Steve O"Neill

dbower

Reaction score
Art was one of a kind. I think Andrew's pic above was taken at the 2018 PVGP, the last time I talked with Art. Of course, he had lost most of his ability to speak by then but none of his enthusiasm. His factory two-tone coupe was the only one I have ever seen -- and he used to autocross it. I credit him with gathering and organizing much of the E9 foundational knowledge that we all count on today.

Honolulu

Reaction score
Geez I was only today thinking of him and some emails we exchanged, maybe 20 years ago.

All things must pass. I hope his time was gentle.

Paul Wegweiser

Reaction score
I just stumbled upon these messages from many many months ago, and would like to thank ALL of you for the kind words.

My father lived life on his own terms, which is all any of us can hope for. He was an absolute giant to me in so many ways aside from his taste in cars (world traveler, academic excellence, his love of great music, and the importance of good food....) I miss him every day.

The week after he died, I placed his ashes and those of my late mother (Helen, another BMW pilot / Nurburgring veteran who passed in 1984) on the passenger seat and took them for a ride together on some spirited Pennsylvania back roads. The car is still an absolute joy to drive, and it remains with me in my garage. Peace be with you all this holiday season. Make sure you tell people that you love them. <3

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My deepest condolences to his family. Art and Marilyn were both very supportive of me. Wish he rests in peace.