Australian E9's for sale

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
I counted 12 E9s currently for sale in Aus at the moment on Carsales, Gumtree and via Dealers.
Acrosss CSL’s, CSI’s and CS’s.

Quite an owner exodus in a country with maybe only 100 or so E9s in total.

Last edited:

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Hi Gurus,

What are your general thoughts on the Inca CSA at Gosford Classic Cars?

https://gosfordclassiccars.com.au/vehicle/bmw-3-0-cs-1973/

Regards,
Ling

This has been doing the rounds for a year or so ...last I read they were asking $85k OZ . Maybe the auto is a negative ?...having driven a friend's auto E9 I think they are unfairly maligned. Personally, I would "dye" the trim piping black and get a more "sporty" steering wheel to attract the punters .
Inka colour is a big positive though. My 2 cents .

Boobouna

Reaction score
Hi Gurus,

What are your general thoughts on the Inca CSA at Gosford Classic Cars?

https://gosfordclassiccars.com.au/vehicle/bmw-3-0-cs-1973/

Regards,
Ling

Yes it’s a pretty decent car. The price has come down significantly as it was offered to me for early $70k’s when it failed to sell at auction. At that price I think it is excellent value, especially compared to the 2 x autos asking $95k currently.
If they are still accepting offers around $70k then it’s worth it at that price. From memory I believe the previous owner was a mechanic so it should be well sorted in that department. It was well known within the NSW bmw club and I saw it at several annual shows. The orange piping may not be to everyone’s taste but I don’t mind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildWest

Reaction score
Appreciate the input gents.

The price has come down significantly as it was offered to me for early $70k’s when it failed to sell at auction.

Was the car offered to you by Gosford or the previous private owner, and roughly how long ago? May I ask why you declined?

Boobouna

Reaction score

Was the car offered to you by Gosford or the previous private owner, and roughly how long ago? May I ask why you declined?

The car was offered to me after it failed to sell at auction. I was the highest bidder so the auction house called me to negotiate a price. I stood firm and they went back and forth with Gosford and came back to me with counter offers. They went quite low but I stood firm. This was about 3 months ago now. I declined as it had failed to sell several times at auction and I was only willing to go as high as $60k for that car. I didn’t push the envelope because I had a deal on another car which limited the funds I had available to spend.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I know things are generally way more expensive down under but if people area getting those kinds of prices, no wonder they are all trying to cash in.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think they are getting those kind of prices.
That said there are a few profiteers around at the moment

Boobouna

Reaction score
I know things are generally way more expensive down under but if people area getting those kinds of prices, no wonder they are all trying to cash in.

Doesn’t look like they are getting these prices as the market is flooded with cars at these prices that aren’t selling for months. One has reduced his price three times and still can’t sell.
Previously e9’s would sell within weeks and sometimes days, but now people are pricing them high and are now waiting several months and still not selling.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Doesn’t look like they are getting these prices as the market is flooded with cars at these prices that aren’t selling for months. One has reduced his price three times and still can’t sell.
Previously e9’s would sell within weeks and sometimes days, but now people are pricing them high and are now waiting several months and still not selling.

I take your point but I think the 'good' E9's are selling while the overpriced ones are hanging around. I also suspect that if you saw a CSL on carsales.com.au for 350k you'd have to be tempted to list your CSi for good money in the hope it sells. This just looks like the Australian version of BAT..

Boobouna

Reaction score
I take your point but I think the 'good' E9's are selling while the overpriced ones are hanging around. I also suspect that if you saw a CSL on carsales.com.au for 350k you'd have to be tempted to list your CSi for good money in the hope it sells. This just looks like the Australian version of BAT..

Yes agree the good ones can sell at these prices. But I think they are few and far between.

Boobouna

Reaction score

You will have a good chance to buy it now in the fire sale auction in April. I think all cars are “no reserve”.