Auto Transport

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Once again here's someone looking for auto transport other than what one finds on the Transport Reviews website. Like to find someone other than a broker, dislike dealing with them. Appreciate any recommendations for an independently owned transport company, not a broker. If you like you can contact me at [email protected].
Thanks,
Dan

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dan
I’ve always had good luck with Intercity (not a broker).

I’ve also found that there are guys scattered about the country that are typically owner-operators that are classic car owners and who are capable of transporting old cars with the care we expect. Their only limitation might be on the amount of insurance they carry for their cargo. I assume if you are shipping a 250GTO or Similarly expensive car the. You are carrying your own shopping insurance. We’ve got a guy like that here in MA (motoragetransport.com ) that I’ve used twice with 100% satisfaction for cross country moves.

Surely there are guys like this in your area that you can find via local car clubs.

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Absolutely right, should have included that info, transport is from Baton Rouge, LA to Ft Collins or Loveland, CO. And its not a coupe, buying an old T Bird for the wife to enjoy the classic car world. Finally found an old car she likes!! Actually my family had a 57 Coral sand Thunderbird when I was in high school, made getting dates a bit easier I must admit.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Absolutely right, should have included that info, transport is from Baton Rouge, LA to Ft Collins or Loveland, CO. And its not a coupe, buying an old T Bird for the wife to enjoy the classic car world. Finally found an old car she likes!! Actually my family had a 57 Coral sand Thunderbird when I was in high school, made getting dates a bit easier I must admit.
Dan, right about the T Bird making it easy to get dates. But not something to take to the Passion Pit. I found my 56 Chevy had plenty of room for steaming up the windows.
Steve

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dan, right about the T Bird making it easy to get dates. But not something to take to the Passion Pit. I found my 56 Chevy had plenty of room for steaming up the windows.
Steve
Get dates, right, but not consummate dates, that's where the station wagon came in. Remember those, the old time SUVs?

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A
S

Seems to be unanimous on Bob, will use him if he can find time for my car, thanks for the recommendations.

Actually plenty of room, especially in the back seat of a '56 Chevy to consummate. Although a station wagon would be a +

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bob is excellent, but you will need to be flexible and work with him. He and his missus (I think she still drives as well...) are just good folks.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Dan, right about the T Bird making it easy to get dates. But not something to take to the Passion Pit. I found my 56 Chevy had plenty of room for
steaming up the windows.
Steve

Here's the only car limerick I know.

Said a man of his small Morris Minor,
For petting nothing could be finer,
But for love's consummation,
A wagon called station,
Would offer a playground diviner.

We had a '67 Morris Minor convertible when I was in High School. Never did get the station wagon.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thats really good.

Said me of my old bmw,
Be careful the e-brake will rub you,
Mom's wagon'd be finer,
Thank god for recliners,
I'd better stop this while I can...

Ol' blue, my 72 Riviera 02 may have told that story...parking in an 02 was, ahem, intimate.

I remember when mom and dad were looking at a year old 280se and a Bavaria, back then, and I related
that the seats on the Bav did 90 degrees, but the Merc only did 85. Gotta love Road & Track.
Relevant info ignored, they went with the Mercedes. Wish we still had the old vault...

Sorry, Dan, back to your thread...

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bob is taking a break on the west coast while Ford is repairing his new truck engine.
Not available currently.