Automatic e3 drive shaft U-joints

vanbavaria

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the drive shaft u-joints are replaceable? As in there not staked in but have snap rings holding them in place. Allowing for easy removal to replace.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
If not staked they should be. If you can't find the size you need, there should be a company that specializes in drive shafts in Vancouver

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
If the DS was changed over the years it could be circlipped already. My 635 had a remanufactured DS with removable joints, If they are staked you can get rid of the 'Staking with a dermal tool.There was an article somewhere about grooving them yourself . Maybe Google has the answer to that

Last edited:

vanbavaria

Site Donor
Reaction score
If the DS was changed over the years it could be circlipped already. My 635 had a remanufactured DS with removable joints, If they are staked you can get rid of the 'Staking with a dermal tool.There was an article somewhere about grooving them yourself . Maybe Google has the answer to that
Cheers, If I remember correctly when I did the center support bearing seeing stakes around the trunnion cups of the U-joints. Perhaps it’s time to replace the whole unite with easily serviceable parts.