Awwww, man!

oilcan93

Reaction score
Long story short, a computer crash took with it all my saved internet favorites: vendors for parts, instructions for various projects from here on the forum, etc....

Does anyone have a vendor recommendation for the "snorkel tubes" that drain the water away from the trough near the wiper motor but keep engine bay fumes from entering the cabin? I had one saved but attempts to relocate them have been unsuccessful. Thanks for the help

dj_efk

Reaction score
Carl,

I note that you're running Megasquirt, do you have a project thread covering this?

My carbs need rebuilding and a previous owner has "improved" my distributor so it cannot give the correct amount of advance so I have been weighing up the option of converting to MS but am v reluctant without seeing how someone else has done this to "our" cars.

Thanks

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If your distributor is toast consider the 123ignition replacement. Set it and forget it:

www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16396

Carl,

I note that you're running Megasquirt, do you have a project thread covering this?

My carbs need rebuilding and a previous owner has "improved" my distributor so it cannot give the correct amount of advance so I have been weighing up the option of converting to MS but am v reluctant without seeing how someone else has done this to "our" cars.

Thanks

oilcan93

Reaction score
Yes, I worked with SF Don to add the MegaSquirt 2 system to the coupe. I was replacing a custom distributor and an older Haltech EMS. It is really everything you can ask for in tuning. You have ultimate control.
Sven or SF Don are the two guys I would ask about MS. They both know it pretty much backwards and forwards as far as installation and potential issues go. Best of luck