Baikal CSi on BaT

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Beautiful - Belgian registration?
It’s extremely nice.

Per the description:

“The car does not have a title, as it is being sold in a country that does not issue titles for road vehicles. It is being sold with Belgian registration.”

That will knock a few bucks off the final price.
Likely an experienced import broker will know what to do.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
would have to agree. didn't look that closely at this car, but what i saw looked pretty nice.

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
The car is in Belgium and doesn’t come with a title. That takes a lot of buyers out of the equation. I think $116 was pretty good considering the title and location challenges.
I thought the same. We'll see if Portland works better for me in a few weeks. Stay tuned.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Why post pictures of an engine bay that’s not finished?
How do you get top price that way?

Many missing parts. The brake reservoir missing the low fluid level cap and wires is disturbing. Makes you wonder what else is ?
Pretty car like this deserves to be shown at its best.
8FF1AA17-BF0C-468B-B083-CDF3BB53F21E.jpeg
08F9CD3F-CC13-4F33-A44A-91CF205A1A8E.jpeg

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My experience with shipping vehicles overseas is that the shipping company and customs want to see a valid title.
That may or may not be true for shipping overseas. But I was looking at Canada import requirements, particularly for older (say pre-90's) cars and no title is ok, as many provinces in Canada do not issue them either, but they did want original import docs from say Germany and a current registration.

EDIT: In case anyone is ever interested in purchasing a Canadian vehicle I was doing a bit more research out of curiosity because everytime I see a cool car then look to see it's origin and it says, "Canada", I pretty much say to myself, "pass." Well, here are a couple helpful links:

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/2019/09/30/how-to-import-a-vintage-car-canada-to-united-states

https://www.hagerty.com/media/archived/how-to-import-a-car-from-canada-to-the-us/

This is mostly pertaining to 25 years or older cars but the biggest hurdle I see would be the EPA form 3520-1 Declaration Form if the vehicle is a Euro version. Not sure how said vehicle will get past that form.

Maybe somebody on here can share a real life story/experience with dealing with such a process. I would presume it is similar if say, importing a Euro car from Germany. They sure don't make it sound as easy as some people say. But, like I said, I don't have personal experience with doing such a thing.

Last edited: