Barrett Jackson

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks like a decent coupe for 40k. don't think barrett jackson is the place to sell vintage BMW. will be curious what the hyman verona sells for

RonP

Reaction score
Seems like a pretty good deal. I wonder where the best place is to sell a vintage BMW? Bring a Trailer? The big auction houses are definitely not the place to do it. I took my Polaris S1 Bat to Russo & Steele and it was a joke...all the hype from those people and nothing but disappointment. They seem like carnival workers with suits.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Seems like a pretty good deal. I wonder where the best place is to sell a vintage BMW? Bring a Trailer? The big auction houses are definitely not the place to do it. I took my Polaris S1 Bat to Russo & Steele and it was a joke...all the hype from those people and nothing but disappointment. They seem like carnival workers with suits.

I was thinking the same thing. The auction houses seem like the place to go to get a deal.

My theory is that serious enthusiasrs can’t rely on auction house inventory to find a desireable e9. One has to search privately. The bidders at the auction house see a pretty automobile and bid on it, but don’t understand the market and don’t comprehend be the laundry list of gotchas with these cars. Several members here who do understand both of these factors have come home with some bargains.

RJRuiz

Reaction score
Post Vintage 2017, where I had a small for sale sign on my coupe, I was contacted by a Bonham's rep to offer my car at their Pebble Beach Auction.

Was not comfortable with the expenses vs. projected results for my car and decided to pass.

If you have a good to very good coupe, looks like BAT is the way to go- don't think that necessarily applies to CSL's.

Ray