BAT 1970 BMW 2800CS 5-Speed Baikal Blue over a red leather

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow that leather is Nuclear Red - my eyeballs are burning. Enhancing photos really has a downside, I think this is too much of a good thing.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I left my ashtrays black for contrast, but this guy with the red console, shift platform and shift boot was obviously not into contrast.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Only $16,250 with a day remaining... someone will get a good deal at this rate.

Ed

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i would redo the interior - upholstery job isn't that good ... but at 40k it could be a great buy (i mean steal)

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The last comment about the shoulder belts got my attention. I thought the belts attached below the rear quarter windows? Seems like belts mounted to the parcel shelf would be for the rear seat.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The last comment about the shoulder belts got my attention. I thought the belts attached below the rear quarter windows? Seems like belts mounted to the parcel shelf would be for the rear seat.

There are so many seatbelt iterations that I stopped guessing if it was factory or not. My seatbelts are as old as any PO or passenger remembers, going back to the very early 80’s at least. They also match other 2800 CS that I have seen. The belts are grey, and are non-retractable shoulder belts. They attach to the threaded hole under the rear quarter window.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
2800cs only had lap belts in the back. the front spaghetti straps mounted behind the seat / armrest, not on top of the parcel shelf

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah I figured the shoulder belts were added on the parcel shelf but wondered why the original mounts weren't being used. Mine has the mounts under the quarter windows. Did some of the early cars not come with those mounts or do you think they didn't know they were there?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Exactly the same as mine. What color are your spaghetti straps?
my spaghetti straps were missing in action. i bought the lap belts from Coupeking. my rear seatbelts are kinda black ... just old and somewhat faded

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The rear belts mount below the C pillar behind the rear armrests. The 74 used a different bracket to mount the retractable versions.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don't have a picture, but my '67 has seatbelt mounts in the parcel shelf, near the C pillar. There were no belts when I got the car, but BMW definitely made a provision for them back in '67. Now, they could have been retractable style for the rear seat passengers....buttttt....there are no other mounts anywhere else in the rear. No mounts at all under the rear seat, nor anywhere under the rear side windows.

Ed

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ed, I think the Typ120 was different and more like the 02 which had provisions for the parcel shelf mount. The e9 has a mount on the tubular structure which follows the wheel arch form. And all e9 had retractable rear seat belts under the seats.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I found some original parcel shelf vinyl for my '67, it was uncut for any seatbelts. I think, like Markos already said... many iterations came off the assembly line.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The rear belts mount below the C pillar behind the rear armrests. The 74 used a different bracket to mount the retractable versions.

This is where mine are mounted. I’m not sure if this came on all e9’s, but mine was built in July 1970 and has it. As you can see, it uses a ridiculous number of spot welds.

63D984BF-7B28-45E9-AFD1-C441BD5AEFA0.jpeg
36A9B738-E079-42D5-B73F-42C7ABC037F6.jpeg