BaT 1971 Csi 5 speed (nmna...)

Jon B

Reaction score
...Although I noticed a 71 280SL silver one went for $135k, so maybe it's the color plus the car...
Silver 280 SL's do well on BaT.
Of the ten that have been bid beyond $100K, five including the highest have been silver grey metallic.

Jon B.

Last edited:

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I worked briefly in the retail car business in the 1990s. The weeks leading up to Christmas were always slow, but the week after was booming.

Plus COVID uncertainty with the severe flare ups of the past few weeks. We all just need to hang on for another 6 months, at which point most of us will be vaccinated and the uncertainty will end.

Czagaroli

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm the owner of this particular Csi. A really great car all around, as many of you have seen with the presentation on Bat.
Unfortunately, the sale fell through on the Csi after the holidays so the car is still available!
I will list it on Hemmings , but I'm checking with the community to help me spread the word.
I have a couple kids and some other life/business things that are happening so need to see if I can find it a good home.
Asking 100k because I still think it's worth it, however I'm open to discuss any interest that may be out there.
Please let me know of any questions.
Thanks,
Charlie Z.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Your CSi does indeed look very, very nice. You are missing the VIN plate on the passenger fender which was removed when the fender cladding was replaced most likely, and there is no interior VIN plate on euro cars. I would order a reproduction plate and get it stamped. It makes a difference in states like CA where euro cars 66 and later get extra scrutiny. Good luck with your sale.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Needs some 17" BBS RS wheels to get it to $100k.

Of course, I happen to know of a set that will go on sale shortly.

;)

Czagaroli

Reaction score
hi chris, i do have the plates, but not installed which may be a good to go ahead and do that.
thanks

Attachments

• 1971_bmw_3-0csi_160744762110bf523f24deee11605996858cfcd2Zag_Page_15-scaled.jpg
    1971_bmw_3-0csi_160744762110bf523f24deee11605996858cfcd2Zag_Page_15-scaled.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 113