BAT: 1973 BMW 3.0CS 5-Speed Polaris Silver over Navy Blue

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ya, I'm thinking $110k.

This car is superb. What a 1-, 2+ car should be.

What's nice about a car restored in the 1990s, is that you can see how well it's done by the current condition some 30+ years later. No bubbling, etc. that I can see.

Not sure if a factory automatic-->stick shift hurts it any. We'll just have to see.

Too bad the side markers weren't filled when restored, but other than that, it's practically perfect.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Just needs a few more pictures to show it's all solid:

- behind glove/fuse box doors.
- lower rocker covers removed
- boroscope camera in those rockers and underneath the fenders.

I would imagine, serious bidders bidding six figures, they would want to see it in person.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Are inner fenders supposed to be spray-bombed black? Just curious as the undercoating on the floor pans looks a lot lighter:

1973_bmw_3-0cs_1558556827e271b6bb6d58d3ba9e91.jpg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wheel wells were always body color. Firewall is perfect as one would expect. I can’t fault anyone for leaving the side markers. Oh, notice the dark grey subframes and struts.

Mike Pelly

Reaction score
Hi Gang, Haven't posted in a while and just came across this thread. I painted the wheel wells black after I had the entire undercarriage steam cleaned by Dr. Detail. The wheel wells looked pretty good in their naked state but there was some raw metal exposed so I decided to paint them. I took pics of the wheel wells prior to paint just in case. I left the rest of the undercarriage alone. Rob...Good idea about adding photos of the areas behind glove box and fuse box. It's very dry up there!

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wheel wells were always body color. Firewall is perfect as one would expect. I can’t fault anyone for leaving the side markers. Oh, notice the dark grey subframes and struts.
"somebody'' early on sprayed Pelly's wheelwells black. They were that way when Mike go the car in 1990. And mike bought it from the original owner. I've seen other coupes with just the wheel wells painted black. I am speculating that some dealers did this prior to delivery. Anyone else have black wheelwells with a U.S. delivery car?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i feel confident that this beautiful coupe will bring the money in the next 2 days. i wish i was in the market but sadly i have too much tied up in a recent home renovation

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Only $50k with less than 24 hours to go. Either someone is going to get a screaming deal or other folks are keeping their powder dry.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Grandpa always said, The higher the prices, the later the bids. (And it doesn’t work in reverse.) He never explained, other than “the first liar doesn’t have chance,”which didn’t make sense to me then or now in this context. Grandpa wasn’t a game theorist—I think he just said stuff he thought sounded good.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Quite likely the latter especially since the auctions don’t really have an ending time except when all the bids have stopped

Only $50k with less than 24 hours to go. Either someone is going to get a screaming deal or other folks are keeping their powder dry.