BAT 1973 Polaris over Blue Leather

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
front bumper over-riders aren't correct ... but overall its does look pretty good from first glance. prime candidate for a 5 spd swap. needs a bit of love in a few places. things like replacing the toolbox would have gone a long way with the presentation ... after all, there is a red screwdrivers there.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
This car still has the box like structures right behind the front wheel wells just inside the rockers. Often, they are mysteriously gone and never mentioned on some pretty expensive cars. This is a positive.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Very nice that the underside isn't, or hasn't been spray bombed black.

Would be ideal if the rocker covers were removed as I see stuff peeking through.

Overall nice condition, but I see signs of rust wanting to make its rounds. Just gotta stop it in its tracks before it gets worse.

1973_bmw_3-0cs_156574416592066ead9DSC00809.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
front bumper over-riders aren't correct ... but overall its does look pretty good from first glance. prime candidate for a 5 spd swap. needs a bit of love in a few places. things like replacing the toolbox would have gone a long way with the presentation ... after all, there is a red screwdrivers there.

Before anyone mentions the correctness of overriders on a US 1973, I recommend that they look at the 1973 Malaga in this article. It is a
good reference point as the owner really knows coupes well.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
thanks Chris ... happy to be correct on my post ... if not, i would have learned something. both make a good day.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
thanks Chris ... happy to be correct on my post ... if not, i would have learned something. both make a good day.

I won’t say I learned something because I’m already aware of my deficits. I was reminded that I need to slow down and STFU. ;)

tightbox

Reaction score
This one looks very original - anyone want to hazard a guess on final hammer price?

If I were buying a car that I knew I was going to pay someone to fully restore, I’d pick an all original chassis. That way you wouldn’t be surprised with missing pieces and cut-corners from a previous resto attempt. Who knows, it might even be solid enough to clean it up and enjoy as is!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
RNM bid to $35k.

Automatic hurts it, plus some rust poking through. Removal of the rocker covers would help a lot (or hurt it depending on condition).

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
To me it looks like a drive and enjoy car. While it is original, it clearly has some body work. It is clear that the door panels have been removed and reassembled incorrectly, the bumpers aren’t original. One has to ask where to draw the line on a 45yo car that is in the “driver” price bracket.

These last several car listings have been a real learning experience for me. Talking the folks smarter and more observant than I about various considerations. Things I want to check off on my restoration.