BAT 3.0cs latest

72/E9

Reaction score
This one is mine.
Currently drinking a stiff cup of coffee to prepare for my first experience as a seller on BaT.:rolleyes:
That said, I'm looking forward to the knowledgeable comments (both good & bad) from the members of this forum. The information I have found on this platform has been invaluable as I've tried to get my car ready for this auction. Many of you have provided me with advice, parts and courage!! I am grateful - Thanks.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My favorite picture didn't make the listing. :(

Maybe insert it on the last day to push it over the top. :cool:

BMW CS -23.jpg

Beautiful car! It must be very tough to turn it loose after 34 years.

72/E9

Reaction score
Thank You Dick. Most of the photos in the listing were shot by a photographer assigned by BaT. He was OK, but all of the colors seem a bit washed-out to me. While waiting for that shoot to be scheduled I found another guy who was wonderful. He shot the photo you posted and many more. I do plan to add them to the listing.

The sad part is, in all those 34 years of ownership, I've never had my own garage. So, I've been paying to store the E9 for decades :(. And because the car isn't close to my house, I just stopped exercising it. Notice my license plate... it expired in 1995. Hopefully it will move on to someone who gives it good regular rips down pretty country roads!

72/E9

Reaction score
Thanks Guys!
I sure didn't see that coming. I'm actually embarrassed by that sad result. And I had to lower the reserve just to get there. I really thought it would out perform the one that sold before it with the white interior and very suspicious camber adjustment (left side onlyo_O). Oh well, not my day.
I would truly welcome any of your thoughts, comments, opinions & feedback on why this did so poorly. Be honest!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ya, i see a $55k car all day long; she's a beaut.

Sorry to see it leave your possession, but you had your reasons.

We're all only temporary caretakers for these cars.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would only add a line from the old Norse poem, "Winter is a coomin in, God Damn." And @Jon C above is right on all accounts.

There are many versions of that old Norse poem, the one I know goes something like this:

Spring has sprung,
Summer's gone,
Fall is here,
Winter is a coomin in, God Damn

Note: "coomin" is pronounced phonetically. My wife says the way I pronounce it it sounds Scotch. Who knows?

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I wouldn't take it personally; market driven. not a great time to sell an e9. weak economy, high interest rates, commercial real estate is tough.
Someone bought a pretty nice car. Jon C, I cant agree more...and, many people currently want instant gratification; there are many nitpicky little things, and a couple of bubbles, and a place below the DS rear window where the support arm goes back to the suspension that would maybe be worrisome to those prospective buyers (and maybe me..), but...
I love the car, the color, the presentation, and even the imperfections, because that's the way I am. The car just needed some love and sunshine. You shouldn't be embarrassed or even disappointed. I probably should have bought it, left it alone, and driven it for ten more years until I probably shouldn't drive anything but my Volvo wagon.
I've probably spent too much time on mine, trying to get everything "just right", and it sits, awaiting the new interior, but not much else. Quietly. Lonely, I'm guessing.
If nothing else, this has served to get me motivated to finish it, and hit the road.