Bat for sale in South Africa

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
There were no rhd bats, period. Rear wing is not original nor correct. This might be a CSL, but unless it was converted from a lhd it has a vin starting with 2285, one of 500 rhd Ls built, but it's no bat.

RobHannett

Reaction score
Spot on CoupeGuy. It's not original BAT material, but aftermarket spoilers and bodykit bolted on. And you're right, all the genuine bats were left hand drive. Having said that, I'd still be interested to see what someone is prepared to pay for it.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I know this car. it was sold by a guy from wales, acouple of years ago, for 10K. this CSL has gone up in value by 44K. great investment, if the car sells.

This car is a batmobile lookalike, as all bats were LHD only.

car looks nice, but not my kind of colour.

E9Aus

Reaction score
Figured

Being a bit wet behind the ears E9 wise I didn't want to come right out and say that but now that you guys have confirmed it I can say I had a feeling it was not original as I had never seen a RHD Bat before and recall reading that none were made.

And yep, that rear fin is a bit of a giveaway.

Being just a CSL, his asking price seems very high, but it would be very low for a Bat. He'll for sure get a great return on his 10k but I imagine he'll struggle to get his asking price.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Rohan,

My last CSL, had front manual wined up windows. i prefer these to the slow electric ones.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Way better - much lighter too.

Must be hard to come by the blanks for the electric window switches?

I have a set of wind up windows for my car to fit one day!