BaT Strikes(or doesn't) Again

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I followed Dick's thread about "Private Party vs Dealer" thread with great interest. Here is a BaT auction a buddy sent about BaT, its inaction, the questions about the car, the seller and more.

Read from the opening bid/comment

Steve

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
incredible ... complete and utter BS. i know i have looked at some of their auctions in the past and considered bidding on one, but didn't. the fact that BaT didn't find anything worth banning him is really ridiculous as they clearly bid on their own auction. i have put in a few 'hopeful' bids on cars that i would like to own even though i certainly felt i would be severely outbid ... if i had been lucky enough to buy the car at that price i certainly would have been very excited to close the deal. but somebody bidding their own auction up to within $500 of reserve deserves to get caught and banned.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for this report @CSteve

VERY disappointing.

BaT is quickly becoming as slimy as the commonly held reputation of a used cars salesperson suggests.
Dick and its sad, because as a community site and an idea, it is and was great idea.

But the saturation of dealers on the site either selling for somebody else or something they purchased because "that would do well on BAT". Means more and more is being hidden from buyers, who at the moment are still caught up in the buzz of the whole thing. At a guess 80% + are now dealers selling and that is where the $$$$ are coming from for BAT, so they cow-tow to "not rocking the boat" for dealers.

Car dealing has never been a line of work that attracts the most honorable people in the world - of course not all dealers, no doubt some dealers are totally honest.

Eventually, if not already, it is becoming another dealer outlet and will therefore be contaminated with more and more of the shenanigans and sadly BAT will continue to allow the "transparency" we all loved to erode