BaT Two E3's as a lot

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score

I think selling them as a lot is not the best idea, but we'll see.

Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 7.36.43 AM.png

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One LHD one RHD. I am hurrying over to BaT right now. Interesting idea, it may end up a two for one sale at the final price.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@Christoph ...Great to have you back on the forum! Mostly because it means your health has returned. Welcome back.

When you get a chance, could you comment on these two cars. Maybe some of the unique features, etc.

Thanks.

Christoph

Reaction score
Yes, a bit of my health has returned. Still waiting on some other important bits, though. I feel a little guilty, the seller of the two cars has contacted the E3 Club for some information. Obviously, I have delayed the response for too long. Tonight, it is back to the rehab. Evenings there are usually boring so probably will have enough time to look at things.

The 2500 seems interesting, primarily because of its rarity. Is trying to sell a RHD car in the USA really a good idea?
The Bavaria crossed my way a few years ago while searching for cars for our registry. So far it is the only US version originally Inka I know.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks, Christoph. My wishes for fast and continued improvement in your health.

I agree that selling a RHD car in the US is tough. Although I did well with a RHD Daimler V8 250 I owned for a while. Maybe British car get a partial pass? I found that driving that car was not a challenge (although drive through fast food and toll/border crossing booths are tricky). I think most people who say they could never drive a RHD car here have never driven one. That doesn't change the poor resale situation however.

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Very interesting. Really like both cars. The Bristol is unique and looks to be in fine condition. Shame to use it for parts.
Inka is a bit crusty, replacement hood and boot lid, but underside of doors, rockers?
Where to put them???

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Very interesting. Really like both cars. The Bristol is unique and looks to be in fine condition. Shame to use it for parts.
Inka is a bit crusty, replacement hood and boot lid, but underside of doors, rockers?
Where to put them???
I agree that the Bristol is probably in better cosmetic condition (rust) than the Inca. Plus it has that interesting New Zealand history. The problem is the RHD. Everyone in the US is scared to death of them. A British car probably gets a partial pass, as does a used mail delivery vehicle (;)), but not a German car.
Yes, towing for both cars. $2500 plus.
I think more (unless local). BaT has a shipping calculator. Give it a try. Make sure that the Bristol is indicated non-op.

EDIT...whoops, BaT does not offer their shipping on these.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
A twist in the auction

The seller posted this...

if you’d only like one we’re happy to purchase the 1970 2500 back for 25% of the winning bid. Happy New Year! Happy bidding!

Bidding is up to $8k with a day to go. I think these cars are going to sell for much more than my estimate.

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A twist in the auction

The seller posted this...

if you’d only like one we’re happy to purchase the 1970 2500 back for 25% of the winning bid. Happy New Year! Happy bidding!

Bidding is up to $8k with a day to go. I think these cars are going to sell for much more than my estimate.
Surprises me as well. Really too bad the Bristol is.RHD, I really like that one. With this price and the shipping were considerably over $10000.

otter74

Reaction score
I understand that RHD is less appealing for most people, but it really isn't that big a deal. I've driven RHD vehicles plenty in RHD countries, but I've also driven them in the US and it's something you adjust to quickly. I wouldn't let the Bristol car being RHD stop me if I wanted it.