Possible flood car?

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/1972-bmw-barberry/6343297999.html

IMG_8444.JPG

Ed

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's missing front and back windows, and some of the side windows. Probably broken out by unattended man children looking to spice up their pathetic and pointless lives.

I'd grab it but I just don't have room.

Ian

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's missing front and back windows, and some of the side windows. Probably broken out by unattended man children looking to spice up their pathetic and pointless lives.

I'd grab it but I just don't have room.

Ian
Read the description, funny typos intended or not. Perhaps he was eating a tuna salad while posting the ad.

jmackro

Reaction score
Could be a great deal at $1,250. The interior doesn't look trashed enough for this to be a flood car, but admittedly, I'm no expert.
motor turns over but does not start think it needs a fuel pump and a tuna

Don't you love how non-running cars always just need a tune-up or a fuel pump? The seller never says "might be a broken timing chain" or "probably has low compression due to burned valves". Sure, with just $50 in parts and ten minutes of work, you'll have it running like a top - but for some strange reason, the seller couldn't do these simple jobs. Oh well, that's why it's only $1,250.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Could be a great deal at $1,250. The interior doesn't look trashed enough for this to be a flood car, but admittedly, I'm no expert.

Don't you love how non-running cars always just need a tune-up or a fuel pump? The seller never says "might be a broken timing chain" or "probably has low compression due to burned valves". Sure, with just $50 in parts and ten minutes of work, you'll have it running like a top - but for some strange reason, the seller couldn't do these simple jobs. Oh well, that's why it's only $1,250.

“Ran when last parked”. One has to keep in mind that fuel and spark issues are difficult for enthusiasts and common folk to diagnose.

When living in IL I once bought an ‘84 GTI for $50. I was working on a 16v project at the time so I didn’t focus on the rabbit. I sold it to a guy in Iowa who was convinced it was a fuel pump issue preventing the car from running. He had his wife drive him from Iowa with his tools, a spare fuel pump, and a battery. He swapped the fuel pump and drove that $50 rabbit back to Iowa. Although I sold it for $500, I should have spent a bit more time on it. :)

Add carbs to the mix and how many young people
can truely diagnose this stuff. I’m not young and this is my first carbureted vehicle.

jamesw

Reaction score
So sad :-( I suspect another flood car. Look at the moisture inside or on the speedo.

Still, what a groovy car - I just love the look of those seats.

Cheers
James