Bavaria Tail Light Lens - USA vs Europe

ThoughtItWasCool72

Reaction score
Hello Group,

Does anyone know if there is a fitment issue in regard to the Tail Light Lenses from European models vs the USA models? I've found a slight difference in the part numbers (Right Side)
#63211355106 was a US-specs Tail Light Lens.
#63211355102 is for the rest of the world?

They both look identical, but I'm wondering if there is an internal difference.

Thanks,
Dave

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This on my right tail light only. All other markings on both tail lights are identical....

IMG_0268.JPG

My guess is that the left tail light is a used, non US replacement and that before replacement both were marked with DOT. The DOT marking on US E3s may be the only difference from ROW E3 tail lights.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The coupe has a single fog light, toward the right side of the car, and this was a Euro only part. And I owned an Audi a few years ago that had a fog light in the right rear tail light. So maybe in Europe there was a fog light incorporated into the right side tail light and this explains the part number difference.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The coupe has a single fog light, toward the right side of the car, and this was a Euro only part. And I owned an Audi a few years ago that had a fog light in the right rear tail light. So maybe in Europe there was a fog light incorporated into the right side tail light and this explains the part number difference.
Both R and L tail light PNs are different. US 63211355106 R, 105 L. ROW 63211355102 R, 103 L

ThoughtItWasCool72

Reaction score
Thank you everyone! I appreciate al the input. I went ahead and bought the ROW Right Lens - I can't see a difference - I didn't install it yet, nor did I look closely at the imprinted numbers - I'll do that and post again.

Christoph

Reaction score
Thank you everyone! I appreciate al the input. I went ahead and bought the ROW Right Lens - I can't see a difference - I didn't install it yet, nor did I look closely at the imprinted numbers - I'll do that and post again.
Sounds good. I am with @eriknetherlands , DOT or ECE numbers might be a reason. Then I looked at some spare lenses and the parts catalogue. Now I'm confused.