63504.jpeg

63503.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
A 73 should have blue plates.
Yes, but until they make them available I think black looks better than white on our cars. Says the guy with a white plate on his coupe. Doh!

Mike, have yourself a wonderful Veterans Day and thanks for all you've done!!

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Waiting for someone to install a back up camera etc just for your Alpina's.

BTW: Has anyone else gotten hit by somebody in a parking lot who says " Where did you come from, I didn't see you in my back up camera?"

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, but until they make them available I think black looks better than white on our cars. Says the guy with a white plate on his coupe. Doh!

Mike, have yourself a wonderful Veterans Day and thanks for all you've done!!
Dan, The DMV will YOM the blue plates, and it’s pretty cheap, 70-80 vehicles only.

73Polaris

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Dan, The DMV will YOM the blue plates, and it’s pretty cheap, 70-80 vehicles only.

I don’t believe this is correct. Legislation introduced the California Legacy License Plate program offering vehicle owners the opportunity to purchase replicas of California license plates similar to those issued in the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s. Only the 1960s plate reached the required 7,500 orders before January 1, 2015.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’m not talking about legacy plates, you are correct blue plates didn’t make the cut. But two years ago the DMV allowed original blue plates to be used in the YOM program as long as they are six characters and applied to 1970-1980 vehicles only. I have a set on my coupe, these would have been issued in 1970 and are incredibly rare.
6969681D-2FEB-46A8-B121-F0CC42BCABF2.jpeg

73Polaris

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So for a recently purchased E9, if I want a blue plate in California and I don’t have an old one laying around, how do I get one? Advertise on Craigslist?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
parallel parking on public streets a classic car is always fraught with danger. Especially if you don't have diving board bumpers.

seh1

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was driving in a motorsport tribute event last weekend in Napa, and that looks like the (only) e9 I saw there that day. I notice it had a wooden steering wheel; didn't notice the plate as I never saw it from behind, but pretty sure it was that car. Spoke briefly to the owner as we were headed to next stop. Very fresh paint, and still a work in progress he said, but was very nice representation of e9's. His name was Mark. Sorry I wasn't there in the CSL that day. You'll see it in this picture behind a couple of unobtainable cars :)

IMG_2155.jpeg