Beauty and the beast

Gor

Reaction score
Cont'd from first/last post (in newbies forum)

I am feeling euphoric, almost ecstatic...I am in!!! At last, after all these years, I am back inside her. With no keys, all on my own, no help from the AA man, or an auto locksmith. And I didn't break a window, or lock. No real damage caused.
It's getting late, and the light is fading fast in that dim and dusty garage. My rechargeable torch is almost dead, but I just want a quick peek at the engine. I mean I've got to check it's still there, haven't I? Besides I need to check the VIN plate and engine number.
I am fast approaching 60 years now, and for as long as I can remember I've held a fascination for beautiful things. Especially beautiful women, and beautiful cars. I seem to notice them from a mile off. Then I want a closer look, I want to touch, and maybe even take her for a ride. Unfortunately they usually have an owner, who has other ideas.
My ex missus always told me "look, but not to touch".
But I digress, or do I? No, it's mine and I want to check it.
...So I'm rifling through the owners handbook, by torchlight, trying to find the location of the bonnet release mechanism, it's been so long I've forgotten. It's in the glove box, fool, where else?
I reach in and gently pull the lever, a soft clunk, and she is open.
Imagine my shock/horror as I carefully ease the bonnet up, and shine the failing torch into the engine bay.
The entire engine seems somehow to have become encased by a strange, foul looking, black fungus!!!
Over the years all the bonnet insulation has slowly disintegrated, and has now dropped down and covered the beast.
What a relief!!!
More next time, if you are interested.
Kind regards,
Gor

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Very common very treatable foot fungus.
Forget about posting pictures.

Rek

Reaction score
Cont'd from first/last post (in newbies forum)

I am feeling euphoric, almost ecstatic...I am in!!! At last, after all these years, I am back inside her. With no keys, all on my own, no help from the AA man, or an auto locksmith. And I didn't break a window, or lock. No real damage caused.
It's getting late, and the light is fading fast in that dim and dusty garage. My rechargeable torch is almost dead, but I just want a quick peek at the engine. I mean I've got to check it's still there, haven't I? Besides I need to check the VIN plate and engine number.
I am fast approaching 60 years now, and for as long as I can remember I've held a fascination for beautiful things. Especially beautiful women, and beautiful cars. I seem to notice them from a mile off. Then I want a closer look, I want to touch, and maybe even take her for a ride. Unfortunately they usually have an owner, who has other ideas.
My ex missus always told me "look, but not to touch".
But I digress, or do I? No, it's mine and I want to check it.
...So I'm rifling through the owners handbook, by torchlight, trying to find the location of the bonnet release mechanism, it's been so long I've forgotten. It's in the glove box, fool, where else?
I reach in and gently pull the lever, a soft clunk, and she is open.
Imagine my shock/horror as I carefully ease the bonnet up, and shine the failing torch into the engine bay.
The entire engine seems somehow to have become encased by a strange, foul looking, black fungus!!!
Over the years all the bonnet insulation has slowly disintegrated, and has now dropped down and covered the beast.
What a relief!!!
More next time, if you are interested.
Kind regards,
Gor

You should be writing short stories with the quality of this soliliquy. If you're going to restore this, I would get a book deal before you start.

I would have got a book deal but nobody wanted yet another horror story with the same plot.