Belt Line Trim

BorgBmw

Reaction score
Looking for the front left belt line trim piece for my 1972 Bavaria if anyone can please provide. Thanks in advance.

I'd ordered a full set of new ones for my 3.0Si eons ago from Germany and they arrived after the car had been fatally t-boned so never put them on. Should still be in the depths of the loft. Can look if interested.

That would be fantastic- thank you. I have found the piece in Greece, but the shipping is crazy expensive. I’ll take the whole set if you find them, but really only need the left front. Here’s what I’m dealing with. I can DM you if you find. Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_1603.jpeg
    IMG_1603.jpeg
    314.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1601.jpeg
    IMG_1601.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1602.jpeg
    IMG_1602.jpeg
    283.5 KB · Views: 41
I would very humbly beg for the right hand side pieces if they become available:
please let me know...happy to pay any reasonable price. Basic body work will begin soon; hard to source the trims.
:)

Attachments

• IMG_7350.JPG
    IMG_7350.JPG
    464.4 KB · Views: 24
Those trim pieces are very hard to find in NOS condition. The problem with the E3 vs. the E9 is the rubber goes bad, cracks, etc. I got lucky and found a full set during my E3 restoration. If anyone with an E3 ever comes across a full set in great condition I always recommend buying the full set. Bummer on both your cars Borg and mosearch. As they say, "could be worse." Always curious what happened? Sometimes good learning lessons so it doesn't happen to our babies.

Anecdotal but I believe part of the scarcity of the belt trim is the difficulty in shipping ( from BMW). I ordered all new trim in 2012 and two pieces arrived bent so were replaced and at that time I was told, they were the last of each.

Anecdotal but I believe part of the scarcity of the belt trim is the difficulty in shipping ( from BMW). I ordered all new trim in 2012 and two pieces arrived bent so were replaced and at that time I was told, they were the last of each.
Thanks. I can see that. Maybe a long poster tube?

Those trim pieces are very hard to find in NOS condition. The problem with the E3 vs. the E9 is the rubber goes bad, cracks, etc. I got lucky and found a full set during my E3 restoration. If anyone with an E3 ever comes across a full set in great condition I always recommend buying the full set. Bummer on both your cars Borg and mosearch. As they say, "could be worse." Always curious what happened? Sometimes good learning lessons so it doesn't happen to our babies.

Back