Bennyz Rod Shop Restoration

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just for clarity, I was kidding about $19,500. This was a VERY expensive, money no object build, with the interior alone I think over $25k. I was not privy to the costs. Looks like it will end up being one of the nicest e9s around, but then again, I am no expert as you all know well.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We are in Hailey Idaho but I don’t think there was much about this that was done on a budget if that’s what you’re looking for
Hello and than you for an answer I am in southern California you are to far for me but hay it is possible to send a car there to you even if you charge 30K you have done a great work it is very nice not many people will do the work that nice that you did

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Very hard to find competent restorers of any car; much less a foreign car.

Most shops specialize in classic american cars because that's the majority of their base.

Car will be perfect and would easily get $175k on BAT, however that probably wouldn't cover the car+restoration costs.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nelson‘s car is almost ready. It looks amazing. I wasn’t sure about using the seatbelts the way shown but was told that @sfdon recommend that. Otherwise looks amazing

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
car is amazing!

few things:

- seat belt placement. Seems that would block vision if you have the seat all the way back? Not a fan. At least be black so wouldn't be so dang obvious.
- seems to still sit too high. CN springs probably could use 1/2 coil cut
- I prefer the rear bumper rubber on. Provides symmetry w/the front. My $0.02.
- needs rear trunk elephant skins. May still be a work in progress.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
car is amazing!

few things:

- seat belt placement. Seems that would block vision if you have the seat all the way back? Not a fan. At least be black so wouldn't be so dang obvious.
- seems to still sit too high. CN springs probably could use 1/2 coil cut
- I prefer the rear bumper rubber on. Provides symmetry w/the front. My $0.02.
- needs rear trunk elephant skins. May still be a work in progress.
Thanks. I sent to Benny for consideration. I have elephant skin left over and offered to him. Really curious from @sfdon re the seatbelts. Seems that since it is a 74, it should have the belts like mine.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Best seat belts that I know of- thanks to Chris, they are recommended on every car we do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 83

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When I first bought my Malaga coupe my wife who worked for Toyota as a paralegal doing seatbelt, airbag and rollover claims said the original 72/73 design was guaranteed to tear the aorta if not properly positioned. I think I was one of Al’s (@bluedevils) first customers with the sash bracket to lower the chest belt down from the neck area.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the only problem for half of us is that we don't have the roof hook to attach the seatbelt to. this is true for '69 to early '72 .... as well as for '74

Last edited: