better...WTB signal switch

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I feel like I may never find this part, but I'm looking for a working direction/high beam switch for my '74 e9. I have taken the old one apart and cleaned it and put it together and although it works better my high beams still come on when I flip the stalk left (down) and it will occasionally cause the fuse to blow. The last time I looked for one the price was that of a small castle so I thought I would wait and try again..

Thanks

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They are now the price of a small Silicon Valley cottage no more than 800 sq ft that needs to be gutted. Good luck Peter. If you find a box of them on a dusty shelf somewhere I would like one.
Steve

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
unfortunately i only had one ... and Peter got it for a reasonable price ... all because he asked. sure i could have gouged because i had a NOS switch in a bag ... but i believe that we need to help each other out to keep our cars going. i also have a pre '74 and the plug is very different ...

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
rs, I agree. We sold our barn find 75 3.0CSi parts at more than fair prices. Right now I have the remainder on Parts at what I believe are more than fair prices. And welcome anyone to advise me otherwise since I really don't know how to price anything.
Steve

Roger S

Reaction score
unfortunately i only had one ... and Peter got it for a reasonable price ... all because he asked. sure i could have gouged because i had a NOS switch in a bag ... but i believe that we need to help each other out to keep our cars going. i also have a pre '74 and the plug is very different ...

If you're selling the pre 74, I'd like to acquire. I must check the car, which is in the shop, on Monday. Thank you, Peter.

RSPorsche:
I have blue door panels that were taken off my fjord coupe that you may be interested in.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Roger,

sorry, i meant that my car was a pre '74 ... so the 74+ switch didn't work for me. i might have a spare switch - i will have to look tomorrow - and test it to make sure it works ... its NOT a NOS switch though.

i will PM you with my email address so that you can send me some pics of the panels ... and we can talk price + shipping

thanks
scott

Simufly

Reaction score
Turn signal

I have a couple in my store somewhere. Can you post a pic of the plug you need So I can check if mine are the same?

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
signal switch

Peter,

I think I have one (brand new OEM), but would need part number to make sure it's correct.

Do you have the correct BMW part number? If so let me know so I can cross reference the part I have in my parts bin.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Peter,

I think I have one (brand new OEM), but would need part number to make sure it's correct.

Do you have the correct BMW part number? If so let me know so I can cross reference the part I have in my parts bin.

the correct part number for a 74+ is 61-31-1-363-638

Roger S

Reaction score
Peter,

Michael,

Hope you're well. Are you (and your coupe) going to the Americana Manhasset Concours d'Elegance tomorrow? My 02' was to be judged and they invited the Riviera back for display but my copilot had to bail.

Sorry for the thread jack guys.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Michael, thanks! I have found one but very grateful to all of you folks for digging through your parts bins and underwear drawers :)