Beverly Hills Car Club 3.0csi 27.5k

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is this maybe a seasonal thing going into winter nobody wants to store these ever indoor-oriented cars? I really only started watching the market intently about January so don't know what happened before then but in summer there we distinctly fewer cars, more rust and higher prices.

I actually called the dealer as this car presented reasonably well on the photos and the prospect of a decent csi as a based seemed tempting. Here are some excerpts from the conversation for laughs:

Me: I see that there are rust bubbles around the car. Are these all the way through or just that paint lifting at this stage?
Him: All I can say is that there is extensive rust on this car and extensive panel work will be necessary.

This answer blew me away because looking at the car it is not so bad... particularly not bad compared to some of the other crap they have been selling.

More laughs:
Me: Does it have a limited slip diff or an open diff?
Him: What do you mean?
Me: Is it a limited slip differential or just a regular?
Him: Yeah ... ahhh... I think there is nothing specail about it.
Me: Sorry, do you understand what I am asking?
Him: Err you mean like the suspension?
Me: No, the box between the axles at the back...

And so it carried on while I educated this guy on vehicular mechanics. How can you be in the car business and not know!!! LOL

Anyway, here is the advert:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-3-0CSI-...f38dfe6&pid=100338&rk=3&rkt=8&sd=172372064463

While on inspection it looks like it could be a good base, this guy certainly talked me out of it and it definitely looks like there are other more appealing options coming out of the woodwork.

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
It does look pretty decent. But I'm biased to originalish CSIs. Considering how poorly informed the rep was, in person probing might pay off. But others may know more about the tactics of this seller.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
"All I can say is that there is extensive rust on this car and extensive panel work will be necessary."

At least he was honest. If THIS car has extensive rust by his own admission, imagine the OTHER rot boxes he sold/is currently selling must be like?!?!?

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
"All I can say is that there is extensive rust on this car and extensive panel work will be necessary."

At least he was honest. If THIS car has extensive rust by his own admission, imagine the OTHER rot boxes he sold/is currently selling must be like?!?!?

The latter part is what had me perplexed. Compared to EVERY other car listed by them this looks like the best. But the rust bubbles are pretty big and as we know with rust, when there are big bubbles there are typlically even bigger problems to follow.

Oh and I forgot to mention... apparently NONE of the windows work and neither do the windshield wipers...

Last edited:

Darrell

Reaction score
Wow... thanks for the heads up. I was interested in the car but now it sounds like there is a lot of hidden problems..... I shot them an email the other day with no reply.......

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
The latter part is what had me perplexed. Compared to EVERY other car listed by them this looks like the best. But the rust bubbles are pretty big and as we know with rust, when there are big bubbles there are typlically even bigger problems to follow.

Oh and I forgot to mention... apparently NONE of the windows work and neither do the windshield wipers...

Well who needs windshield wipers - i.e. who drives an e9 in the rain. When I bought my coupe years ago I asked the well-informed owner whether the sunroof leaked. He said, "I don't know, I don't drive it in the rain." This was the correct answer.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well who needs windshield wipers - i.e. who drives an e9 in the rain. When I bought my coupe years ago I asked the well-informed owner whether the sunroof leaked. He said, "I don't know, I don't drive it in the rain." This was the correct answer.

HAH! Touche and I like it. It is a similar concept when people were talking about headlamp wipers... who needs those because that suggests conditions are really bad :)

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
I was shocked to see how low the price tag was on it till I looked at the photos and called my self, I wasent looking to buy it, just needed a gauge to price my 72 CSI (which isn't listed for sale in the classified, but it is under the project cars and will be sold with a reasonable offer.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
HAH! Touche and I like it. It is a similar concept when people were talking about headlamp wipers... who needs those because that suggests conditions are really bad :)
Yes but in the case of headlight wipers it is having a piece of unobtanium on your car!