Black 73 on BaT

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Originally Baikal, the interior and engine leave a bit to be desired. Wheels need to go.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Door panels are horrid. I don't mind the buffalo seat covers, but them door panels; uggh.

Paint blistering everywhere. Could be a chemical reaction, could be rust poking through.

Floors look decent. Pity about the color change. I love black, but Baikal is an awesome color to have.

Cool 635 air dam.

Thinking...$55k RNM.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
That pedal bracket looks off to me. I don’t thing it’s for an e9.

Hard to say. Perhaps maybe just the pedals will work.

Photo-Apr-07-2023-2-56-02-PM-99042-scaled.jpg

Overall, a nice rig that needs a few things; namely replacing the door cards.

I don't mind the buffalo interior on the seats; reminds me of a E24 M6.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The car has many little items missing that give the new owner lots of parts to hunt. Hopefully, his wet shoe doesn't slip off the bare metal brake pedal and cause lots more parts hunting.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Naugahyde, vinyl, leatherette, what ever it is it looks sickly. Perhaps it came from the last roll, a reject/second of the material Chrysler used to make those horrid Landau Roofs.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
The ought to ban the slaughtering of Naugas
No need to butcher them; Nauga's shed their skin....

Reaction score
Door panels are horrid. I don't mind the buffalo seat covers, but them door panels; uggh.

Paint blistering everywhere. Could be a chemical reaction, could be rust poking through.

Floors look decent. Pity about the color change. I love black, but Baikal is an awesome color to have.

Cool 635 air dam.

Thinking...$55k RNM.
I second the $55k value. Even though its automatic and gets rougher each time I look through the pics. The miss-matched wood is killing me!

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The "Rich Corinthian Leather" that Ricardo Montalban shilled for Chrysler's 1975 "Cordoba" was actually leather. The (Martin) Landau roofs were vinyl. Neither Rich nor Corinthian nor leather.

A "Cordoba" is the basic monetary unit of Nicaragua equal to 100 Centavos. Take that Chrysler!

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
Those butcher block door armrests are so choice. I love how the steering wheel ties it all together. You could be the only person at cars and coffee with…this…uhhh…style!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The language is so odd:

- This E9 is now offered with a window sticker... ok great
- The car left the factory finished in Baikal Blue... and arrived at the dealer in a different color?
- Exterior features include .., fender vents... not really, there is no fender venting unless you drill holes
- A five-speed manual transmission will accompany the car... along with some tools to do a 5-speed conversion at a McDonalds drive through while waiting for a Big Mac?

Some nice things though!