Black E9 on Ebay

pmansson

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this car.
36 bids topping 5,000$ and auction ends tomorrow.
Seller tries to give an honest description of the car. It´s a colour combo which I like but there is a fair amount of work to be done (to use an English understatement).

chicane

Reaction score
This is the third time that this guy has listed this car isn't it? Has anyone talked to him or taken a look at it?

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Peder, FWIW, Virginia is in our rust belt, I would bet dollars to donuts (or Euros) this car is rusty, if not very rusty. Bids do not reflect a good car, nor does the fact it has been on eBay three times. I know pesonally I will not buy an Eastern coupe sight unseen, too many experiences with dishonestly or poorly described cars. Buyer beware, as usual with E9's.

AndyM

Reaction score
Garage kept -- except when it was out being driven in the snow and salt:

8e543c92c71c638b826c0f1adfe2cbfc.jpg

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Rusty e9

Went for $9700 after spirited bidding. Looks like it will need $20K in body work (or more). Winner is ebay newbie. Look for it to be listed yet again in the near future.

chicane

Reaction score
Re: Rusty e9

gkb said:
Went for $9700 after spirited bidding. Looks like it will need $20K in body work (or more). Winner is ebay newbie. Look for it to be listed yet again in the near future.

+2, I was thinking the same thing. I never let people with low feedback bid on high dollar items that i am selling.

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
OMG!!! I saw this one early on and thought not bad but didn't check the link......This is not the last you'll see of this one. Check out shock towers slathered in goop with crispy bits hiding below. See paint job on hood. This is a a $2,000 nightmare at best! No doubt a $20K money pit.

Malc

Reaction score
Well If the new owner is on this board, or finds us then we should give them constructive help.......

To be honest the Bucket looked a little like this car when I first found it, but I kind of knew about the things that lurk below the surface, especially after rebuilding my 2002Tii

All the familiar signs are there I'm afraid....
Malc